Chapter twenty-two

Unedited parts

After Meng casually gave the Librarian the first name that jumped in her mind, female protagonist's name, his eyes glowed with delight. He took it as a sign of her forgiving him for what happened earlier and relaxed somewhat inside.

"Well guess what girl? Today is your lucky day! You've impressed me, Rong You, and I've decided to take you as a disciple." The librarian, Rong You, said confidently with an expectant expression.

Meng's eyes narrowed as she looked at him, in the story they did mention Rong You as a legendary star realm entity, however.... She glanced skeptically at the short old man in front of her. 'What is legendary about this?'

Sure he could block her attacks, however she was only level 6 and with very little fighting experience at that. Even while copying the movements in 'Defying Moonlight', they were at most passable.

The fact that his aura didn't kill her as soon as it hit her meant that he was probably somewhere around the sky realm. Still two realms above her and probably a god in this mediocre kingdom, but nothing insanely powerful.

Seeing the girls unimpressed eyes, Rong You felt stifled but also a bit wary. If the girl wasn't even impressed by his name as strong as his than, how strong was her backing? Even if he was injured and not at his peak he was still an existence barely seen in all of the five kingdoms.

Analyzing the girl, she didn't look to be apart of any of the countries and she also didn't have the posh accent that they loved to show off. He didn't want to assume anything without confirmation so he just shook off her disregard.

"So.... what do you say?" Even though he wasn't as expectant as before he was still hopeful as he looked at the little girl.

Meng sighed as she stared at the 'mentally disabled' librarian 'he probably heard Rong You's name somewhere and his convinced him it was his.' How could she hurt such a pitiful figure?

"Fine I, Bai Yao Ling, will be your disciple." She stressed the name so that just in case he became too insane in the future she could get away quickly and let that dog carry the burden.

With his excitement reignited, Rong You let out a bountiful laugh. "You made the right choice girl!" He said regaining his confidence stance.

Meng sighed again at his obvious psychosis and silently thought that she'll look for a psychologist in the future. He was a talented individual if he could grow so far in this lowly kingdom and it would be a shame to leave him.

"Well 'Rong You' I have some things to attend to therefore I'll be going now." Meng motioned to her now disheveled figure as an example.

Rong You nodded his head "Wait for a minutes my disciple I have something to give you." He said still filled with excitement as his short figure disappeared back into his study.

Waking back out he carried a small box with him before handing it to her. She opened the box to see a large rusted metal ring. Her eye twitched when she saw the sight.she didn't expect much in the first place but...wasn't this too ugly?

"This ring will help hide your cultivation until you reach sky realm!" he said happily. "Your cultivation is far too quick in the 5 kingdoms, so its best if you wear this to prevent unnecessary trouble. Also, It's a magical object and capable of leveling up once you inject spiritual energy into it. At level 3 it can even change your appearance! How does that sound happy about being my disciple now?"

Seeing how happy he was Meng didn't have the heart to ruin his mood, she looked hesitantly at the ring before slipping it on.

'At least it fits right.' She said seeing the hideous ring destroy her hands once beautiful image.

"Thank you for the gift master." She said modestly before turning around and leaving. She had been stuck in the library for a day in a half and felt like she could fall asleep at any moment.