Chapter six

Chapter six:

After a Cold War, with the maid, Carla was finally donned in the white and gold robe.

Looking at the princess who was staring at her own home as if it was an entirely new world, Jin felt pain inside. Especially when she saw the disorganized hair thrown into a messy bun.

She really did try her best... Also, no they weren't heading to the sect leader, but the princess promised she would go right after she saw the prisoner. So that should still count... right?

Jin tried to comfort herself, but had a feeling she wasn't coming out of this unscathed.

Walking through the hallway, Carla analyzed the cold stone walls of the building.

From her memory the sect was built inside of a cave underground, It went multiple levels into the ground. So far, that even the book didn't specify its ending.

She let Jin guide her around, while trying her best to link the words in the book to the very real world in front of her.

She could attest, that regardless of how well written, it couldn't compare to reality.

The walls were all stone, but said to be reinforced with magical spells to keep the sect secure.

Each stone had engravings on it from wizards casting protection over their home. The scriptures of spells looked like a wallpaper.

"Are we nearing the dungeon?"

Jin who had gotten used to Carla's weirdly naive questions simply took her duty seriously and responded without a hitch, "Yes Princess, right down the stairway."

Carla could feel her heart bursting inside of her chest. A mix of excitement and stress battled inside of her mind.

This was a character who, for the first time ever, took her mind away from the wasteland of darkness it had become, he meant more than a character ever should, but at the same time if it was him.

The pressure from the dungeon pressed down on Carla's shoulders. How the hell was she supposed to get him out of here?

Layers upon layers of protection spells doubled as they traveled into the darkness of the stairwell and finally an alleyway of cages appeared in front of their eyes.

Jin started to cough from the pressure. To the side she went to speak to a guard before coming back.

"I apologize princess, I am a vacuous, The spells in this dungeon will kill me without magic to defend against it. I will have to stop my guide and wait here. The guard said that the prisoner you are looking for is in the third row, fifth cell."

"Understood, thank you Jin." Carla nodded her farewells to Jin. Weirdly enough as someone who disliked human interaction, she didn't mind her. Maybe because she reminded her of Beth.

A wave of worry attacked Carla's head at the thought, she could only pray her death was a dream. Everyone knew about her family's crime rate, hopefully Olga's stupidity of inviting them into her own home was not real.

But, remembering Olga's greediness, she didn't have much faith in the old crone.