Chapter four

Chapter 3

'Pain.'

A searing white hot pain infiltrated Carla's body, as if she was set on fire.

Groaning out loud, she tried to adjust to a more comfortable position. However, no matter how much she moved her body was still searing with pain.

In a daze, Carla blinked and blinked again slowly awakening from her slumber. Every time she blinked a flash of gold entered her eyes before her lids covered her pupils and the world went dark.

When had her bed ever been this comfortable? It felt like she was sleeping on clouds...

Grabbing a pillow, she mumbled and sunk her head into the upholstery. The pain was still present in her body, but had dwindled by a large margin. To others, the pain would still be considered unbearable, but to Carla, who regularly slept on wood.

She couldn't focus on those negatives right now!

"Princess, are you awake?" A voice interrupted her happiness, and Carla lazily blinked. Who...

An image of a beautiful teen with a cruel emotionless smile jumped in her head. Blood dripped out of his chest and dark red whirlpools of hatred stared at her.

'All I need... is your heart...'

Carla's breath constricted, with a gasp she sat up. Her heart rate accelerating at the movement.

The flash of gold pained her eyes and quickly she covered them. Once again the hands that didn't feel similar to her own caressed her face as she rubbed against her eyelids. Then she opened her eyes again.

The flashes of gold formed into a large room filled with extravagant goods. The furniture was made out of the finest materials and treasures littered the area. Near the bed was a women dressed in blue garments from head to toe. The closest thing she could think to resembled the lady, would be a nun.

Seeing the new changes that had came about her surroundings, she was momentarily stunned.

No.

Carla rested back on the bed with closed eyes.

Ah she was forced to work hard so so long. Let's just be lazy. Why focus on a world so confusing when she can simply enjoy this mattress?

"Princess excuse my intrusion, your father requested me to bring you to him as soon as you awoke."

The voice spoke again, and Carla frowned. What father?! Her father died when she was two years old. She didn't even remember him herself!

Seeing that Carla, wasn't moving, the voice spoke again, "Prin-"

Carla lazily raised a hand and waved at the woman. "Yes... yes. I hear you. I hear you. My father this... my father that... there are dragons flying around... I'm dead... a beautiful man wants my to eat my heart... I hear you..."

The maid felt a cold sweat drip off her forehead. Did the princess end up losing her mind? What was she talking about?

Thinking of the old head maid that forced her to complete this task because she was new, she couldn't help but feel bitterness.

The princess was known to be inhumane toward her maids. In fact the only reason she was here now was because the princess murdered her last two maids when they brought her tea too hot.

The maid's lips thinned.

And now she had to awake the princess who had just lost two of her closest friends and tell her that she needed to go to the sect leader for a scolding?

Wasn't that wishing death on her?!

The maid glared at the marble ground with pain in her eyes. She could only hope that she would get out of this with the majority of her limb...

Seeing the princess that looked like she had simply fallen back to sleep, she realized she would have to be a  bit more extreme.

In a grandeur manor, the maid threw her forehead to the ground and started to weep.

"Princess Axton! I plead you to get up to see your father! The sect master is worried sick about you after you were found half dead in the dark woods! Even if this servant's life is on the line, I owe the duty for guiding you to see your father to our sect!"

Carla sighed, "Yes and as a dutiful daughter, I will go see my father right away..."

The maid froze and lost the remainder of her speech, "e-" It was the easy?

"But, first you could turn off the candles? They are hurting my eyes." Carla stretched the cover over her head and curled up. The maid's face dropped, she was simply being treated like air!