For old friends and new ones too

My friends Amber, Tate and Cyrus arrive so Evie and I take them upstairs. 

"Guys!" I say. They drop their things and we all hug. "This is Evelyn, my girlfriend." I say. Amber and Tate squeal and greet Evie warmly. Cyrus shakes Evie's hand. 

"It's nice to meet you all." Evie says. We open the bottles only to realise I forgot cups. 

"I'll go and get cups and bowls. Cyrus, can you come help me please." I say. Cyrus nods and then we walk downstairs. 

"You got a cute one, Allie" Cyrus says. 

"I did, didn't I." I say proudly. we grab what we needed and we get ready to go upstairs when I hear my mother shout my name. 

"Oh, Alice. Come say hello. Bring Evelyn." she says. 

"Give me a minute, I have a large amount of cups in my hand." I reply. Angela peers her head around the corner and laughs at Cyrus and I. I go and get Evelyn and we go to meet my mother's friends hand in hand. 

"Alice this is the friends I was telling you about." She says. 

"I'm Harriet and this is my wife, Grace." a tall, blonde haired woman says. 

"I'm Alice this is my girlfriend Evelyn. It's very nice to meet you both." I say. The door bell rings and my mother excuses herself. We get to know Harriet and Grace while Angela is gone. We learn that Harriet and Grace are only a few years older than us, they are both twenty-two. They have been married since august and moved here at the end of November. 

"You're both welcome to join us upstairs if you'd feel more comfortable around people closer to your age. There's a bunch of us upstairs away from the busyness, we have alcohol and munchies." I say.

"We better get back upstairs before my sister steals my vodka. See you guys later. First white door on the left." I say while leading Evelyn upstairs.