Preface

'What you give to the universe, the universe will return back, in the same life but with greater intensity'

Someone raps on the door impatiently, yet with some certainty. He needs clarification and he will seek it no matter what the bargain demands.

It was raining and having a visitor at this hour on a Friday midnight was both irritating and strange.

The door opens and a sleepy Jin appears behind the door with his hair tossed to a side.

"Who the hell...Joon?!" Jin blinks in shock at the silhouette in the dark.

Namjoon pushes past him into his house and removes his hoodie turning to Jin.

"When did you return? Why didn't you call me?" Jin asks, looking at him in disbelief. Namjoon was in the military for more than a year, one year service is a compulsory requirement in the country, and now he stumbles at his home at the middle of the night all unexpected.

Namjoon shakes his head. Few raindrops tickets down his forehead.
"Because it wasn't good to be back."

Jin looks down, "the president..."

Namjoon cuts in between, "No that can't be changed but you Jin let me down."

Jin looks at him with scrutiny. He was the only one still holding the name BTS and here he was rubbishing all his effort as useless.

Namjoon pinches the bridge of his nose, checking his voice before saying, " They were naive Jin and you failed to hold them together as a group."

Jin's mouth tastes like bile as he remembers how quickly things changed. BigHit president's death followed by Hobi deciding to start a dance academy, Suga starting as a solo producer, Tae and Jimin, he feels a pang of emptiness in his heart. He didn't see them after the fight. No phone, no contact.

"You can convince them RM, " Jin says with a little trace of hope in his voice. He uses that name on purpose, to reckon him about the past. Though he was older, he still believes Namjoon was the wisest, who could solve everything.
"Chang might think over again."

Namjoon frowns, the same expression he gives whenever someone suggests him a puny excuse.

"Not after I broke his nose today," Namjoon says with complete ease, without any trace of regret or humour.

"You did what?" Jin says in shock.

He shrugs and takes a step closer, staring into Jin's eyes. " He was trying to convince me you were the main source."

Jin turns still but his eyes somewhere betray him. Namjoon clenches a fist full of his shirt.

"You broke them apart," Namjoon shouts, his voice cracking with emotion. "You ruined everything we created together."

"Namjoon, " Jin says "try to understand."

Namjoon punches straight in his cheek leaving behind a blood rush.

"I hate I ever tried to understand your filthy thoughts." He pushes him away. Different emotions fought to come upon his face but he set his jaw stubbornly.

"Kookie will be back from the military soon. I hope you have an explanation about how you ruined his career like others."
Namjoon reaches for the doorknob.

"Don't you understand, " Jin says heavily "It wasn't a simple death. The president was murdered."

Namjoon opens the door like he didn't hear him.

"Where are you going?" Jin asks.

"Somewhere I don't see your face ever again and if I do, I won't hesitate to beat you to a miserable heap. "

He looks over his shoulder, " Enjoy being the only member of BTS." His eyes glint for some reason. He shuts the door with a bang.

Jin supports himself along the wall but the weight is too heavy to bear. He crumpled on the floor as his eyes fill with moisture. They all were unaware of the sacrifices he made.