Happy Birthday To Me

Freya

"You've got to be joking," My voice was practically stabbing at Stephan's eardrums as I looked down at the outfit laid in front of me.

"What? You don't like it?" His smirk radiating off his face. It was hospital white nurse uniform with a bright red lining. The 3-quarter length sleeves stoping with a peek of red trimming under it. The neck line was deep and had a red corset placed under that played a losing game of hide and seek with the outside world. It was a costume that should only be worn inside four walls. "I thought it screamed Freya," He added bouncing it in the air playfully. I mocked his smile and shook my head. He called me earlier today practically begging me to attend a party on the outskirts of town. He believed that there was no better way for me to spend my birthday than to be surrounded by drunk college students that had no since of spatial boundaries.

"I can't believe this is what you got me. You are such a perv," I scoffed at the dress, staring at it with a frown. It was safe to say it was something I'd never wear without it being forced onto my with a great threat of physical harm.

"Perv? You wound me," He responds grabbing at his heart with his free hand and a wounded look slapped onto his face. Stephan had the ability to make me smile even when I was 3 seconds away from attacking him with my bare hands. Perhaps it was part of his charm, or maybe I was just a sucker for his crooked smile and perfect set of dimples. I couldn't help but crack the slightest bit in my resolve.

"You deserve it," I said dryly and quickly turned hide my growing smile. I was also looking at my closet, searching for a more reasonable option. Perhaps I could just dress up as a cat for the third year and a row. It was safe, easy, and I wouldn't risk being arrested for indecent exposure on the ride to the party. I would hear Stephan kicking off his boots as he got comfortable behind me. This was basically our Mecca. I decided to stay home and save as much as I could, and though my current living situation wasn't exactly ideal, it was the best I could do for the time being. And well, Stephan just hated the guts out of his dorm roommate, Orion. So here we were, spending most of our nights watching Netflix originals and downing 3 pints of Bluebell ice cream.

"Geez, when did you become so heartless, Frey?" He asked pouting behind me and I heard my bed squeak as he leaned back on it. The dim fairy lights were twinkling on my tan walls and they danced to the music we had playing, which was currently "Loving is Easy" by Rex Orange County. He made himself at home while I was nose deep in all of my articles of clothing.

"About the same time you let your dick control your wallet," I shot back. I just couldn't believe I allowed him to be in charge of the costumes. I was just asking for this predicament, and now look at me. All because I was just trying to do something a little different.

"Freya, you can not truly believe that this isn't a great costume. Look at the details," He said exasperatedly. I turned my head a little to see him gesturing to the bottom of the costume where there was a trim of white and red lace peaked from the bottom. His eyes sparkling with amusement as he sat back onto my wooden headboard. He looked adorable in his white hoodie and simple blue jeans. But that was Steph for you. He hated being over the top. He tried to blend in as much as he could, which was hard when you looked like he did. With his perfectly messy, thick black hair and high cheekbones it was hard not to see him.

"If it's such a masterpiece, why don't you wear it?" I countered turning back to him fully. I crossed my arms and leaned back on the wall to stare at him defiantly. However, Steph wasn't one to back down to a challenge. He was stubborn prideful at heart and I knew that if I pushed him enough I might be able to make that wish a reality.

He gives a deep, dramatic sigh, laying the dress down beside him, "I just don't have the curves for it," he looked back towards me, scooting up slightly. His dark eyes following the lines of my body in a not so discreet manner. I looked away in slight embarrassment under his harsh glare. "You, on the other hand, very much do," He gushed stoping to admire my hips.