Letting Go

Freya

The woman didn't so much as look at the rest of us as she pleaded to Giles for help. Her long brown hair was pulled back with gold thread wrapped around thick, curly strands. She was strikingly beautiful; tall, slender, graceful. I wanted to shrink back in her presence. I could tell there was a shift in Giles stature. Where he usually would be strutting around confidently, he held a weight about him as he heard the words. Finally he spoke, "What exactly do you want me to do, Ariadne?" His words were slow, calculating. There wasn't a doubt that he knew exactly what she wanted but was too apprehensive to say it for himself.

Ariadne glared at him, "This well kept secret you believed yourself to have is nonexistent. Do you really think no one would notice the Windego attack last night? You were so sloppy with clean up it's a miracle the humans didn't figure it out for themselves," She whipped back at him. Her dainty voice as sharp as a dagger in her vocal assault. Squinting her eyes up at him she continued, "The Yperfysikós already know that he is free. He is probably the reason my daughter is gone and my coven is danger of extinction. So get your team together and help me," She said in exasperation while throwing her hand up in the air, "please." It was added as an afterthought.

"You have to know that they aren't ready for a mission like this," he tried to reason with her.

"Time is a luxury. One I do not have, nor care about. This is their job, Giles." She nearly yelled at them.

"They is right here, so maybe acknowledge the people you are arguing about," Aaron snapped crossing his arms. I had to agree with him. It was incredibly annoying to hear make decisions for you when you were standing right beside them. I didn't have it in me to speak on it myself with my embarrassment weighing down on me. I couldn't believe my outburst just a few minutes before. I just couldn't contain my intense anger anymore. Stephan knew everything about me. My insecurities, my fears, my dreams, all of the nooks and crannies in my mind were mapped out for him within the first few months of our friendship. Yet I knew nothing about him, at least not the real him. How could I just let that go? He had been ready to declare his love to me 24 hours ago knowing full well our entire relationship was built on a completely lie. It was unforgivable. And to make matters worse he has had yet to try for a conversation. Sure he said sorry, but there's been no explanation, nothing but a blank stare and uncomfortable fidgeting. It was infuriating. To top it off, my powers put all of these emotions in a powder keg and I just exploded.

Giles gave Aaron a scowl but nodded, "Everyone meet Ariadne. She is the Head Witch of the Astéri Coven," he gestured to the enchanting woman as he followed his words with a cough. I nearly raised an eyebrow. Could it be there was some history between the cocky librarian and the stunning witch?

Ariadne bowed her head quickly and spoke in jumbles, "Forgive me, I know it is wrong of me to barge into here demanding for help but I really have no other choice. Not only is my daughter in grave danger, but so is all of the woman in my care. Without our powers, we're vulnerable to the many that want us gone. I'm sure you can understand," she pled. A blind man could see her desperation. The panic painted onto her flawless face with delicate strokes as if to keep her meticulous beauty in place. I felt my heart clench with the sight of her, but what did she expect us to do? I could barely lit a candle without nearly burning the walls down.

"Of course we understand, but how can we help you?" Willow asked slowly.

"You can't."

Of course the first words Mr.Pessimistic would utter would be undermining us. He lifted himself off the wall with the kind of grace you only saw in Nicolas Sparks movies. His hands stuffed deep into his pockets as he shuffled his way back over to the middle of the room. He crossed by me and for a second our eyes locked. I felt it all come rushing back. I tried to not think about how his eyes struck me when they locked on me, but it was impossible. I wanted to ignore the feelings I'd spent so long suppressing but how could I? He was intoxicating and completely surrounding me with every word he spoke the moment I met him. And though I wished it did, his betrayal didn't change that.

"And why not? They've been awakened and it was to do more than run drills in this ancient hallway. They were born for this," Ariadne threw back him hotly.

"They were awakened yesterday. A mission of this magnitude is way too much for them to take on," he explained.

"The only way they will stand a chance is if you stop babying them and push them into battle,"

Ethan finally took a step forward. His chestnut hair falling in unkept waves on his head. His features were hard, like marble. There was a twinge in his sharp jaw as he rose his arms, they were sturdy. I could tell he was a guy who enjoyed working out and it showed. Even the smallest of his movements caused his body to ripple. When he spoke, which wasn't very often, he was often wise. He always knew what to say to balance with the utter chaos and, if I was being honest, I needed that. A calm in the thunderous storm. Ethan rough voice sliced through the tension, "I believe we mentioned that we were all standing right here. We don't need you to speak for us, Stephan," he gave Stephan a sharp stare. "I can only speak for myself, but if I'm are necessary to save your daughter then I'll do it. I know how important family is, especially when they are gone," he added quietly like he had an internal debate on even mentioning it.

"I agree." I said before I could talk myself out of it. As scared as I was of my powers, this is why I had them. To save those in need. What good is all of this madness if I don't do what was necessary.

"You can't possibly think you're ready for this? Am I the only one who remembers the her almost burning down half the building?" Aaron highlighted in disbelief. His dark brows bunching together. I fought the urge to give him the finger and turned away from him.

"