Chapter Twenty-Nine

Start from the beginning

    I place London on the ground and unzip her dress. She removes her clothes and steps into the dress. I zip the back up and smile. She twirls around and giggles with happiness.    

    "You look beautiful, London!"

    "Are you going to get dressed?"

"Yes, of course." I nod.

    The tent unzips and a blur of black slips under the small gap. Kyle spins around and the smile vanishes. He raises an eyebrow and shakes his head.

"Why aren't you dressed? You're supposed to be walking down that aisle in five."

"You mean I can't get married in this robe?" I gasp.

"Don't joke with me." Kyle shakes his head.

"London was nervous, but that's all good now. Isn't that right?"

She nods, a bright smile on her face.

"I don't know where Mum is, so can you help me with the dress?"

"She's probably on her way."

"Please! You can turn around so you won't see anything." I laugh.

"Ugh, the things I do for you."

Kyle spins around while I remove the robe and step into the dress. I hold it against my body and wander over. The material spills everywhere which makes it hard. Kyle peeks over his shoulder and sighs with relief. He buttons the backup and tugs on my shoulder.

I spin around and fix the dress. As I peer up, Kyle's lips are parted.

"Did I smudge the makeup?" I grimace.

"No, you just, um, you look stunning! Blake is going to freak when he sees you."

"Is that why you're here? Making sure I haven't dropped into the fetal position?"

"Since I'm your best friend, I won't lie, so yes, I'm making sure you are still breathing." He moves closer and sighs. "You need to breathe because it looks like you're about to pass out."

"I thought I was okay but now you're here, I can feel my heart racing."

    Kyle grabs my shoulders and peers into my eyes.

    "Breathe, Ava baby, you're going to be okay!"

    "Do you think so?"

    "Yes." He nods.

    "There's a tiny problem!"

    "What's the tiny problem? Please tell me there isn't an Uber waiting for you. I can't help you break this poor guy's heart a second time."

    "Oh my goodness, no. I just haven't written the vows yet."

    "Okay, that's manageable!"

    "Is it? Those are pretty important."

    Kyle squeeze my hand and laughs.

    "Speak from the heart!"

    "That's not helping," I groan.

    "Blake loves you, so don't stress about it!"

    "Still not helping."

    "Tell him how much you love him, what you promise to do and how excited you are for married life together. You don't need to over think these things"

    "It's easier said than done. I over think everything." I sigh.

    "Whatever happens, Ava baby, I'll always be here! You can divorce Blake but there's no getting rid of me." He beams with happiness.