Chapter Twenty-Eight

Sunlight trickles into the room and I press the pillow over my face

Sunlight trickles into the room and I press the pillow over my face. I knew those shots were a terrible idea, but truthfully, I don't feel as bad as I thought I would be. Then again, it's my wedding day and even a hangover couldn't ruin it.

I kick the blanket away and leap out of bed. My heart races with excitement as I bound into the main living section. Charlotte has her head on the table and is moaning about how everything hurts. Nora sits across and laughs.

"Good morning." I grin.

Angela places the plates on the table and swings around to smile.

"Good morning, hun." Mum smiles. "How are you feeling?"

"As per usual, hungry." I laugh.

"It's a good thing I've been cooking up all your favourite breakfast foods." She chuckles.

"Thank you so much! Ugh, it smells delicious!"

Charlotte's head snaps up and she frowns. Her brown her hair is matted and there's dark circles under her eyes.

"How are you not hungover?"

"Could be from the pure alcohol I threw up last night."

"That guy deserved it." She wrinkles her nose.

"Um, no, you were the one that threw up on him." Nora giggles. "Nobody deserves to be thrown up on, especially when they're helping you."

"Thank goodness." I sigh with relief. "Because I don't remember doing that."

"Let's eat and drink plenty of water! We've got so much to do," says Mum.

Mum grabs a jug of water and bowl of fruit from the fridge and wanders to the table. We take our seats and I grab a bowl and pile the fruit and yoghurt into it. Mum pours me a glass of water and pats my shoulder.

"Thank you for organising breakfast." I smile.

"I hope Thomas organised something for the boys." Angela bites her lip.

"You could always take them leftovers, I doubt we're going to eat fifteen pancakes." I chuckle.

"I'm sorry, I just, hm, I wanted to make sure there was plenty of food."

"Don't worry, Blake will love the leftovers." I smile.

Once breakfast is over, we clear the table and Charlotte showers. Hopefully, she'll wash away the hangover while she's in there.

Angela and I pack the leftover food into containers while Mum rushes around the house ensuring the bridesmaid dresses are ready to go for the girls.

"I wish I could stay but I should check on the boys! You know how they are, lose a shoe that's right in front of them." She giggles.

"Thank you! It makes me feel better that you're there." I giggle.