Chapter Two

Blake's arm encases around my waist as his face snuggles into the crook of my neck

Blake's arm encases around my waist as his face snuggles into the crook of my neck. I wiggle backward so that I can consume the warmth radiating from his muscular chest.

"Why do I have to go to work?" he mumbles. "I need a holiday."

"Don't be too jealous, but I have the day off." I chuckle.

Blake repositions himself so that he's partially sitting up while I smile into the pillow. I've missed sleep-ins, I rarely get those between work and London's sporadic wakeups.

"What?" He hisses. "Now I'm extremely jealous."

"And I also have tomorrow off. The daycare center hired a new educator last week, so they've swapped some of the shifts around to train her."

That means I have a four-day weekend, two of which will be spent looking after London because she's due to spend the weekend with Tori.

"I hate this," he protests.

"Just think." I pause. "Wait, don't worry about it. I couldn't find any positives for you."

Blake growls while I laugh.

"I need a job that allows me to sleep in with you."

"Mhm, that would be nice." I sigh with delight.

"Just think of all the things we could be." He kisses the side of my neck, then trails down to my collarbone. I arch my back, then hold his head there.

"Yes," I moan. "You could bring me breakfast in bed."

"Or you could bring me food."

"Baby, no, I don't think that's how it works."

"Ava." He pouts.

"Fine." I roll my eyes. "I could bring you food."

I roll over and wrap my arm around his waist. Blake's green eyes dazzle in the morning light streaming through the curtained windows.

"We should go out tonight and do something. Tori could take London for an extra two days."

"Let me guess, you're going to call in sick, then we'll ride elephants into the sunset?" I shake my head. "You'll be tired after work and we'll spend the night binge-watching something on Netflix. I'm okay with that."

Blake begins to jiggle my shoulder, which causes tendrils of brown hair to scatter across my vision. He stops shaking my shoulder to tuck the loose hair behind my ears.

"And that's the perfect example of why we need to get out and do something." Blake smiles.

"Well, what are we going to do?"

"Leave it to me, I'll think of something."

"Fine, okay."

I suppose there's no harm in at least attempting to leave the house. Blake is correct, it's been weeks, if not months since we last did something thrilling. So, if we have a moment now, we better run with it.