Chapter Eight

Kyle tosses a style magazine across the table

Kyle tosses a style magazine across the table. I glance over the page and smile at the floral arrangement displayed on the table. With a smile, I rip the page from the magazine and place it in the inspirational pile for the florist.

Angel has given me a collection of magazines to squiz though to grasp an idea of what floral arrangements we want at the engagement and wedding. So far, it's just been Kyle and I flicking through magazines since he's got today off.

It's nice though, spending time with Kyle. I also trust his opinion with styling flowers because he's amazing with fashion.  

"That was a great find, thank you so much." I smile.

"You do realise I would be the perfect bridesmaid." He grins. "And I would look fabulous too."

"Oh, Kyle." I laugh. "I can't tell if you're joking or not."

"Ava baby, I'd do anything for you." He smiles.

"Thank you, Kyle." I grin. "I'm going to need your support to get through this whole wedding thing. You know me, I stress about everything."

"Don't worry, Ava, everything will be perfect, we'll help you through it."

I take a deep breath and nod my head. "I'll try to worry less."

We both laugh because it won't happen.

The doorbell suddenly rings and I'm up on my feet charging towards the door. As soon as I open it,  London rushes into the house screaming her head off.  Kyle says something before turning my attention to Tori.

"Thank you for picking her up! I tried to change the service time for my car, but it was either today or waiting another couple of weeks." I sigh. "I'm no expert, but something sounded bad in it."

"It's perfectly fine, I don't mind picking her up. We went to the park, had a snack before coming here."

"Aw, that sounds wonderful. London loves going to park. She's been asking about the water park, but it's getting too cold for that."

"It sure is." She nods. "Ava?"

"Yes? Is there something wrong?"

Tori looks to the ground, then to me. With a frown, I  lean against the front door. I feel anxious because of the long pause – something must really be wrong.

"I was hoping to re-discus the housing arrangements for London. I want to have London every second week instead of this arrangement. I hardly see her, and I miss her."

"Oh." I nibble on my lower lip. "You'd have to talk with Blake, it's not my decision to make. I'd suggest shooting him a message or something? Maybe you two could speak on the weekend."

Tori slowly nods . "Okay, thank you."

"Well then, goodbye." I awkwardly close the door.

I wander into the living room. Kyle has London upside down by the ankles and in the air. He jiggles her, then gently lays her on the ground.