Chapter Twenty-Three

Blake squeezes my hand as we glance at each other

Blake squeezes my hand as we glance at each other. My stomach knots and my heart thuds like it's about to take flight. This might be worse than telling my parents I was pregnant. It's hard to know how they'll react but hopefully this won't be too bad. I don't think Blake could cope with a bad reaction.

Mum lets out a shaky breath which almost matches our own. The pair of them glance between us. The silence only makes things harder. I feel like it could crush me and that's if Blake doesn't do that first.

"Please hurry up and put me out of my misery!" Mum begs. "Are you two okay? Is there something wrong with the wedding? Whatever it is, you can tell us, we'll do our best to help you."

"It's about London," I admit.

Blake's fingers tighten around mine to the point my knuckles go white. I assume this is how men feel when women give birth. Except, he might actually crush the bones in my hand.

"Will one of you spit it out before your mother dies?" Dad says.

"I love you. It'll be okay," I whisper.

Blake inhales a deep breath and looks at them. My parents fixate on Blake which only increases the pressure around my fingers. To be fair, he's only been crushing my hand for the last five minutes.

"London biological father is Logan."

"What?" Mum shouts. "Am I hearing that right?"

"Logan has a daughter." I smile.

Mum's mouth drops open and she stares at us with a blank expression. I squeeze Blake's hand as we wait for something to happen. The worst my mother will do is say something nasty, not sure about my father, though.

"Is this true?" Dad frowns. "Do you have DNA test results?"

"Yes." Blake nods.

"Oh, my goodness!" Mum places her hand on her heart. Tears trickle down her cheeks and she uses the back of her hand to clear them away. "Logan has a daughter."

Despite the tears pouring down her cheek, her beams with happiness. As long as Dad doesn't flip, this was easier than telling them I was pregnant.

Dad wraps his arm around her shoulder and gently tugs Mum to his side. He kisses the top of her head and strokes his thumb over Mum's shoulder. Mum looks like she's about to scream with happiness but I'm not sure about Dad.

He's not angry, he's not excited, he's shocked. Once the shock wears off, I hope anger isn't one of his emotions. If someone kept my child or grandchild from me, I don't think I'd be sitting there so calmly.

Then again, we've been involved with London's life for a while now. Mum has pictures of us on the walls from social events. They haven't missed out on too much—not that it justifies what happened.

"I don't expect forgiveness because it was selfish to withhold that information from you, especially after all you've done for Ava and I. To explain my actions, the moment I first held her, I was overcome with a strong desire to protect her from anyone, including Tori when she wasn't capable of caring for her."