five

+Calum

I felt the car stop and I wearily opened my eyes to see that we were parked in front of my house.

"Thanks for the ride," I muttered, grabbing my bag and opening the car door. Before I could get out, I felt a grip on my wrist and I was pulled back to be met with Luke's warm, thin lips on my cheek.

"No problem, sweetcheeks" He winked, releasing my arm so I could get out.

I could feel like cheeks begin to warm up and I got out the car quickly, running to my front porch. I hurriedly tried to find my keys in my bag, wanting to hide away from Luke so I wouldn't feel even more embarrassed than I already am, right now.

"I'l pick you up on Monday morning babe!" I heard him yell out to me.

"N-No you wont! Leave me alone!" I stuttered before finding my keys and quickly unlocking the door and entering my house. I closed the door behind me and I was already hit with the familiar smell of my mother's cooking. I walked into the kitchen, setting down my keys onto the counter. I didn't really see my mother a lot on weekdays because she worked very hard and usually worked overtime so she could provide for us. Although, I was at the age where I could get a job, my mother didn't feel comfortable with the idea of me working as well as going to school. I didn't mind helping out but she insisted that I just kept my focus on school.

"Cal, is that you honey?" My mother called out to me who was standing by the stove.

"No, Mum it's a burglar- of course it's me! Who else would it be?" I said, placing my bag onto a stool.

She let out a laugh and turned around to quickly wash her hands and give me a warm hug.

"It could of been Mali but she's all the way in London" My Mum sighed, squeezing me tightly.

"Okay mum- Let go- Too tight- C-Can't breathe," I squeaked as her embrace around me got tighter.

She soon released me and returned back to her past position to cut some vegetables.

"So how was your first week at school?" My Mum asked, carefully cutting the vegetables.

"It was okay, I made 2 friends overall this week," I replied. "Oh and is it okay if I go hang out with them tomorrow?"

"That's fine, honey. But did you have any problems at school though?"

"Well there was this one problem" I said, looking down to the floor.

"Which is?" My Mum said, turning to look at me.

"Well... I've kinda already gotten detention but I promise, it wasn't my fault!" I told her.

"Calum Thomas Hood, would you care to explain how you already got detention on your first week of school?" My Mum had her full attention on me and her arms were crossed over her chest, a stern look evident on her face.

"It wasn't my fault! I was trying to find my class and I was asking this guy if he could show me where the class was and then a teacher assumed we were skipping class and took us to the principle" I explained.

"Didn't you try to explain what happened?"

"Well yeah but Luke said it wasn't true and Principle Edgar believe him" I huffed, remembering what happened.

"Luke? As in Hemmings? The Son of Liz Hemmings who lives across the road?" My mother questioned.

"Uh I think so. Yeah?"

"Hmm Liz has told me he's quite the troublemaker. This better be a one time thing because I expected better from you, Calum."

"But mum--"

"No buts Calum, you still got detention and on your first week I should add,"

I let out a huff and nodded my head in defeat.  I grabbed my bag and walked over to the fridge to take out a carton of chocolate milk. I closed the fridge and left the kitchen with my bag in one hand and my chocolate milk in the other, heading towards my bedroom.

I dropped my bag onto my desk and kicked off my shoes, flopping onto my bed. My walls were covered in band posters and had a few photos of my friends from my past school and of my family stuck randomly on the walls. My bedroom was fairly large, it had a large window with a view of the street -- wasn't the best view, to be honest. I could see Luke's house across the street, his house was much larger than mine and his bedroom window was just across from mine.

I took a sip of my chocolate milk after puncturing it with a straw. I stared at my ceiling, thinking about the events of just this one week.

Hopefully my Fridays wont always be like this..

+edited 8.11.16
a/n: I hope that the people who decided to re-read my story from the beginning (thats if anyone would acc do that lmfao) after I finish editting it will be like "oh my, I never noticed how shït this story really was.. I'm glad its somewhat improved now!" 😂😂. Thank you sm for all the reads and votes though :))