The Gruagach - Inspired by Captain

Back when " Elizabeth " was 10 years old, she was growing up in Rural - Scotland, with her mother and little sister " Emilia ".

          There wasn't much to do out in the grass land, so the two sisters were usually chasing each other's around the house, and come up with games to play, but when Emilia turned about seven, she became a bit distant to her sister; not that she hated her, but instead she was focusing on something else.

          Elizabeth approached her about it one day, and she explain that she has to play with her friend " Tom " too, or else he gets jealous. She assumed that Tom was her sister's imaginary friend.

          One day, Elizabeth was reading in her bedroom, when her mother bursted through the door, and ranged: "Elizabeth, did you eat all of my honey? Those jars are not cheap, I specifically told you, it was for special occasions only."

"It wasn't me." Said Elizabeth shocked.

"I did mom." Said Emilia from behind her mother, as she walked towards her. "I had to feed Tom, and he loves honey."

"Emilia, if you wanted some honey, you should've just ask, and I would've givin' you a little bit, there is no need to make up stories, okay?"

"But Tom loves it, look... I'll show you."

          Elizabeth and her mother followed Emilia to her bedroom, while she pointed under her bed.

"This is were Tom lives..." Said Emilia.

          Their mother nervously crapped down underneath the dark bed and looked around, there she found the empty jar of honey. Their mother went back to full range mode, and grounded her little daughter for making up stories.

"But i'm not lying, i swear." She cried out, and stood still in her room, while her mother closed the door in anger.

          The next day, Elizabeth's mother stormed into her room again: "What's is wrong with you? You're stealing my liqueur now?"

"I didn't take anything." Said Elizabeth.

"It's me again, mom." Said Emilia, as she chimed in from the door way.

          Her mother shot her one of the scariest glares, they ever seem her make: "Let me guess... Tom drank it?"

"Uhm... You wouldn't let me give him the fancy honey anymore... So I had to give him something... Look." Said Emilia, as they followed to Tom supposed hiding place, and sure enough, underneath Emilia's bed, were the empty liqueur bottles.

          The mother became furious; she thought that her daughter had actually drank the booze herself, and she grounded her for the remaining of the year, and Emilia cried all night.

          Emilia asked her sister in a low voice: "Do you believe me?"

"Honestly..." Said Elizabeth, she wasn't sure what to say, "I mean... I know you didn't drink the alcohol by yourself... If you had, you could be dead by now..." She didn't think her sister was stupid enough to pure it all out, in the name of her dumb game, but she continued saying: "Yeah... I do believe you."