4- First Day

The next day, Khole wakes up with a painful groan

The next day, Khole wakes up with a painful groan. She turns away from her phone's alarm but groans again at the feeling of the hardwood below her. After a moment, Khole turns off her alarm and slowly sits up. She throws the blanket off her and gets up. Once standing, she stretches before heading over to her suitcase to pick out an outfit for the first day of school. She hates that the first day of high school coincides with her second day being here in town, but there's nothing to do but get ready. She had already tried to get her parents to agree to letting her go the next week, or even a couple of days later, but they didn't budge.

So, with the clothes in her arms, she heads into her bathroom. She uses it, washes her hands, and her face, and bushes her hair and teeth before getting changed. She puts on a black v-neck t-shirt, a pair of dark blue jeans, and a light jean jacket. She had been thinking of whether or not to put her hair up, but decided against it, and finished up by putting on concealer.

Once finished in the bathroom, she picks up her phone, slipping it into her pocket, and grabs her shoes from next to her door and ties them on. Then, she grabs her backpack, takes out the things she doesn't need, and heads out into the hallway. As she makes her way down the hallway, she sees that her parent's bedroom door is open and that they're not inside. That's when she smells the bacon and realizes that her parents are probably making her breakfast for her first day at Beacon Hills High. Plus, it makes sense since they're the ones who have to drive her to school since they only have the rental car.

She then makes her way down the creaky stairs, alerting her parents that she's awake. Once she enters the kitchen, Khole sees her father making food, her mother standing at the counter, and Goby lying behind her father's feet. Her mother smiles brightly at her, "Good morning, sweetheart. Sleep well?"

Khole hugs her mom and smiles slightly, "As best I could on hardwood."

Her mom gives her a sympathetic look, "Well, hopefully, your father's breakfast will make up for it."

Khole smiles before looking over at her dad, "Wait, where'd you get the frying pan from?"

Her father turns to look at her with a big smile, "Well, when your mom and I went food shopping yesterday, we picked up a few things so that we could make you a proper first-day-of-school breakfast.

"Thanks, Dad," she says, hugging her father, thankful for their thoughtfulness. 

Then, Khole and her mom grabbed some paper plates from the counter and set them in a small triangle on the floor. Khole and her mom take a seat on the ground and are soon joined by her father. He's quick with separating the eggs and bacon onto everyone's plates, and once he's done that, the family of three dig in. Khole can't help but think about how she's dreading going to school. And, her parents can tell by the look on her face, so they distract her with information. They talk about how the moving trucks are coming today, and how they're starting work tomorrow. They also talk about how they're going to have to unpack all the boxes after school.