38

not edited b, ily<3

After another glass of wine, my face had flushed the color of the sweet Rosè. Neither of us were drunk but we held each other's waist like the other was about to topple over. We made our way out to the cabs, by this point laughing at the smallest things.

My eyes were set only on his smile. His soft dimples and perfectly aligned teeth distracted me from the beauty of the city lights around the grande house we were in. It distracted me from the accumulating snowfall that stuck to Grayson's hair and the tips of his eyelashes.

The laughing didn't stop when we reached the hotel, but I knew I had to keep my distance from him. He went in before me, giving me a small wave, and got the ice cream. Then I entered the building, buying a bottle of their fanciest bottle of wine, putting it to 'my tab' knowing damn well Joey would be paying for it all.

Rounding the corner to the hallway, I see that he stayed outside of his room waiting for me, back rested against the door, a hip cocked. I show the bottle off to him as I near and he smiles down at me with a small giggle. A swipe of his keycard and we enter the room. Identical to mine, I already know my way around. I slip off my heels and jacket and sit down on the bed.

Biting my lip, I unwrap the seal on the wine bottle and twist off the cap, can't be too fancy if it's a twist off. "Here," Grayson tosses me a t-shirt. "You could stay in the dress if you'd like, but the t-shirt will be much more comfortable." He shrugs and slips his sweater off over his head, ducking into the bathroom. His tanned and defined torso sends a chill down my spine.

"Jesus Christ," I mumble under my breath so that he won't hear me. I set the wine down on the night stand and begin to slip off my dress and tight bra. "Stay in there for a moment would you?" I laugh.

"Sure," He replies. I move quickly and slip the t-shirt over my bare figure.

"You're good," I shout and jump back on the bed, crossing my legs.

"I got you Half Baked, hope you like it." Grayson's wraps his hand around the lid and he tosses it my way, a spoon following its path through the air not long after. I pry the lid from the top and place it on the night stand. Grayson does the same and flattens himself on the bed, beside me. I stretch out parallel to him, my knee just brushing against his thigh.

I dig my spoon in then let it melt in my mouth, a small moan escapes my throat. "Damn this is good," I say, Grayson nods in agreement. His spoon flipped over in his mouth.

"I missed this," Grayson admits. I stick my spoon back into my ice cream, but my hand falls and remains wrapped around the cold container.

My slightly drunken mind is filled with only one thought. The saying is, If you love something– let it go and if it doesn't return let it be because it isn't meant to be in your life. But Grayson came back, the moment of confusion that we had seemed to be a mere blimp, a speed bump on a long winding road. Something to be looked over.

I loved him. I let him go. But here he is, back by my side. These few moments we have shared have been monumental because I know now that no matter how fucked up our relationship gets, we will always love one another. We need one another.

"I missed this too," I let my head fall to the side so that I can see his face. He does the same and takes a deep breath, letting his eyes scan my face. The longer I gaze, the harder it gets to hold myself together. All of the thought that fill my mind when I see his face, they make me so happy, but so sad at the same time because I know how much I had hurt him.

"But it all changes tomorrow," Ha reminds me, facing the ceiling. His spoon finds its way back into his mouth.

"Yeah," I look up as well.