Act 3.4

CUT TO:

EXT. PARK – DAY

After a long day of filming, Simon claims his seat next to Ramona on the bench, handing her another cup of hot chocolate as he rests his arm behind her. They watch the crew pack up as the sun sets behind them.

CUT TO:

INT. RAMONA'S DORM ROOM – NIGHT

Leaning over Leo's shoulder, Ramona watches Simon and Amelia act through the monitor. When Simon appears on screen, she smiles. Leo glances at her and smiles, too.

CUT TO:

INT. SUNNY SIDE UP DINER – NIGHT

Ramona and Simon are sitting at their booth, talking and laughing over dinner. Simon reaches for Ramona's hand on the table, and their fingers intertwine.

CUT TO:

INT. CLASSROOM – DAY

Ramona is sitting in class, her laptop open before her. She's smiling at her screen, and it's revealed that she's talking to Simon on Messenger.

CUT TO:

EXT. SIDEWALK – DAY

Simon is hugging Ramona in between takes, while Leo and the crew set up the boom mics and the cameras. He's whispering something in her ear, which makes her burst out laughing.

CUT TO:

EXT. PARK – DUSK

Ramona sits next to Amelia on the bench, holding two cups of hot chocolate. She hands the other to Amelia, who offers her a small smile in gratitude. They watch Leo and Simon go over Simon's scenes.

CUT TO:

INT. DOUGH-A-DEER BAKERY – DAY

Early in the morning, the cast and crew meet at Sally's sandwich shop for breakfast before filming. Ramona is sitting, scrolling through her phone, when she sees a photo of Simon that Amelia posted. When she looks up, Simon is handing Amelia a bottle of juice.

AMELIA: Thanks, Simon! (pause) Is that the shirt I got you for our anniversary?

Ramona chokes on the bagel she was chewing. A crew member pats her on the back. Amelia ignores her.

Simon glances down at his polo shirt.

SIMON: Oh yeah, huh?

AMELIA: You used to wear that all the time. I can't believe you still have it.

SIMON: (mutters) I don't have a lot of polo shirts...

Leo claps his hands together.

LEO: Okay, so you guys better eat up 'cause we have a long day ahead.

Ramona raises her hand.

RAMONA: I can only stay until eleven. I have class.

Leo nods.

LEO: No problem. We'll catch you up tonight. What time do you get out?

RAMONA: Two, but I have to work my shift 'til seven.

Ramona eyes Simon and Amelia, who are looking at something on Amelia's phone. Amelia giggles.

LEO: Simon?

Simon looks up.

SIMON: Yo?

LEO: You're free the whole day, right?

Simon nods.

SIMON: Yep. Sally let me have the day off.

Amelia smiles at Simon lovingly. Ramona clears her throat.

RAMONA: Our boss really likes you, huh?

SIMON: She said I look like her son.

Leo takes a bite of his sausage.

LEO: That's cute.

SIMON: He's dead.

Amelia chokes on her juice.

CREW MEMBER #1: That's morbid.

Ramona grimaces.

CUT TO:

INT. CLASSROOM – DAY

Ramona is waiting for her professor to arrive. She scrolls through her feed on her phone and finds another photo of Simon on set, posted by Amelia. The caption has three hearts.