Chapter Nine (Final Part)

Note: Uhhh, hi! Nothing really to note WITHIN this particular note, except to thank you all, again, for your continued interest within this story! And a special hello and thank you to some of my first time readers toward any of my works, full stop. I truly appreciate the interest, and hope you won't be disappointed/bored going forward! =)

With that said, please to enjoy part two of Chapter Nine!

------------------------------------------

This chapter was created/written in March 2019.

------------------------------------------

Nerissa was in the middle of enjoying another one of her ritualistic, luxurious bubble baths, with a side of red wine and one of the many works of Vivaldi elegantly wafting throughout her decorative master bathroom when she'd heard it.

The rather incessant, rather obnoxious knocking upon her sealed, ivory colored door, successfully interrupting her meditative relaxation, and also shattering her previously good mood.

There certainly wasn't any form of particular fear presently coursing through her veins, the way it might have been the case for any other woman who was previously home alone, and was lying, naked and quite vulnerable within her bathtub.

No.

Beside the obvious fact that she could effortlessly defend herself, courtesy of her quite proficient mutant abilities, Nerissa effortlessly recognized the aggressive, continued rapping against her bathroom door.

She had, for better or worse, raised the offending individual for the better part of fifteen years, after all.

"Could this incredibly irritable intrusion not have waited until after my 'Me Time,' Sienna? And if you break my door, you're purchasing a new one, young lady!" Nerissa queried within her trademark, cool and collected tone as she carefully set down the half empty glass of wine onto the side of her large bathtub, before then promptly reprimanding her continually rowdy adoptive daughter on the other side of her door. "It's unlocked, for Heaven's sake! Just open it, already!"

". . . . Lucky for you that it was, or else it was about to meet the same fate as your front door, which I guess you'll just have to bill me for, then," Sienna grumbled with a brief clicking of her tongue as she obeyed her mother's request and slowly opened the bathroom door a moment later. "Might wanna get your smoke detectors checked out, as well, since I'm honestly surprised that none of them went off after I'd . . . let myself in."

Nerissa immediately raised a soapy hand up to the bridge of her delicate nose upon hearing this news and pinched down upon it deeply.

"Y-You – ! My God, Sienna! I understand that you haven't been back home in quite some time, now, but surely you'd still hold onto your set of the house keys, just the same!"

Sienna merely scoffed at this before waving a dismissive hand toward her now thoroughly unimpressed mother as she continued to stand within the now open doorway.

"Pfft, relax, all right? Yes, I still have them . . . somewhere, and no, I didn't completely destroy the front door, if that's what you're now thinking. Just melted the lock and doorknob, is all," the dyed redhead explained within her defense, folding her arms across her chest before continuing. "And besides, I thought you'd actually want an update on your whole 'Operation: Human Cure' you've dragged me into, or whatever you wanna call it . . . but I can see that yet another Saturday spent home alone with nothing but a long dead composer to keep you company is more important."