Chapter Four (Part Two)

Note: Blehhh. LoL I'd unfortunately realized too late that I'd originally written that Taranee had arrived to the institute about a week before Will had, instead of the month Cornelia referenced during the last chapter. Cornelia's assessment is actually correct, for future note, as when I'd originally started this story and was writing it/the first and second chapter, my mind was still echoing my initial decision to make both girls' arrivals more or less coincide. Sort of like the comics, yeah. But then I later settled upon stretching out the gap between them, just so that, while they'll obviously bond later on and grow together, Will can at least rely a little bit on Taranee in terms of getting to know the school/entire area with fresher eyes than that of Elyon, or Irma, for example. =)

But, yeah. Just had to straighten that out and apologize here and now, in case any of you would naturally be confused about it. Like I said, I really, REALLY can't stand when I fluck up like that (and will go back to fix that later), especially considering the amount of hammering I do to make sure everything makes as much sense as possible out of the starting gate.

Damn it. LoL

** Anyhow, another thing to note is that, if you haven't already, please refer to my profile page, where I link my 'Ko-Fi' account (with a more thorough explanation to why it exists in the first place)! :)

'Coffees' from any of you after reading this chapter/story in general would obviously be tremendous (with EXTREME gratitude if you do), although finally getting a few followers over there would be neat, as well, as it's been a tad 'lonely.' LoL (And if any of YOU create a 'Ko-Fi' page, please do add me there, and let me know in general, so that I could possibly help advertise it within my next 'Author's Note,' both on here as well as FanFiction.Net! =) ) **

Enjoy!

This chapter was written/created in August 2018.

"You know, all things considered, you should consider it an . . . honor that you're the first Geokinetic student to cause an earthquake at Bayville - Or, at least, that we know of," Elyon murmured within light jesting and the gentle patting of an incredibly sullen Cornelia, as the two blondes waited for their ride home during what would have been around the beginning of Fourth Period.

As instructed by Principal Knickerbocker, the entire student body had universally been told to remain upon school premises until either their parents or designated guardians arrived to pick them up.

This was, in fact, a decision the middle-aged woman had secretly wished she could have promptly made as soon as she'd felt the very first trembling of the unexpected earthquake, as such an otherwise natural occurrence was one of the main motivating factors she had moved away from southern California decades ago.

Nevertheless, she had a role to play and a job to do, and she had, following proper protocol and helping her faculty and staff successfully complete Bayville High School's first-in-a-very-very-long-time earthquake drill.

"While our maintenance staff continue to properly assess any possible damage, I have decided to enact an early dismissal, for the sake of our continued safety. Students, please remain within whichever classroom you were prior to the earthquake, while we contact your parents or guardians to come pick you up. Once we have done so, you are free to then head straight back to the front parking lot and wait . . . within an orderly fashion," Principal Knickerbocker had reported within earnest over the public address system, several minutes after re-entering the high school with the rest of its occupants.