Chapter One

W.I.T.C.H.E.: Evolution

By: Sokai

Disclaimer: I, Sokai, do not claim ownership to the workings of W.I.T.C.H. - I leave that honor up to Elisabetta Gnone. Nor do I own Stan Lee and Jack Kirby's X-Men series franchise (even though this story isn't even really related to the series, at least not super super directly, anyway. Just don't want to hear law suit claims LoL). However, I can and DO claim to own this story and its inspired ideas FROM both series.

Note: Had this idea floating around within my head for a bit, so I'm glad I finally have the time to get it down onto 'paper.'

It is still solely a W.I.T.C.H. focused story, however, with its various characters . . . except they're mutants, instead, with a slight "X-Men: Evolution" feel out of all the X-Men series' various incarnations (with the whole "We're all teenagers, just trying to come to terms with our new mutant abilities" premise it had).

Also note that none of the X-Men are within this story/exist, at least none from said series, although a few from the general series (comics, etc) may very briefly be featured or mentioned in passing here and there (just to provide a tick more 'immerse' atmosphere).

Um . . . what else, what else. Oh! And the world isn't yet aware mutants exist within this story, either, so's we're clear. =)

Okay! Enjoy, my Lovelies!

This story/chapter was written/created in October 2016.

"Hey, man! Toss it over here!"

"Go long, then!"

On the surface, this place certainly looked as normal as any other private school . . . at least, from what she'd always seen within the media, or personally imagined, anyway.

A grand, admittedly impressive front landscape served as a pristine canvas for the pretentious, cream colored and four story building which intimidatingly loomed before her within nearing distance.

Kandrakar's School for Gifted Youngsters.

'Gifted.'

That was certainly putting it mildly, to say the least. . . .

Several of whom were believed to be fellow students appeared to be taking advantage of the unseasonably warm, Upstate New York September weather that early Saturday afternoon, with a few engaging within various athletics and gaily running past her without a second thought, while the remaining congregation chose the more lackadaisical approach by lounging about the lush and freshly cut grass.

If she hadn't known what this particular educational institution was before her mother, Susan, had enrolled her, she honestly could have sworn it really was just like any other 'run of the mill' private school for the truly intellectually blessed . . . which honestly would have made her feel infinitely better than she presently did over having been sent off to an entirely new place, new state, all alone.

I'm still having an extremely hard time believing that each of these kids and I are . . . are. . . .

"I'm a . . . mutant? W-What does that even mean, Mom? W-What are you saying?"

"Oh, honey . . . I wanted to tell you for the longest time . . . and I know that I should have, especially because I knew that there might have been a chance you were born one . . . like your father. . . ."

It would figure that the only thing her estranged father, Thomas, would have bestowed upon his daughter, before promptly exiting from her life at the tender age of just four-years-old, would be freakish abilities she had absolutely no say nor control over.