Chapter 9- Don't Cry And Drive

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NIALLER!!!!!!!!!!!!

<3SarahStyles<3

*Lucy's point of view*

I lifted my head off the steering wheel and wiped my tears on the back of my hand. It was stupid to cry over Liam. If he didn't love me then there was nothing that I could do about it. I grabbed the keys from my pocket and started the car. I just want to get out of here. I feel sort of bad for just leaving the other girls here but they can always get a lift with the boys.

I sent a quick text to Ellie telling her that I was leaving and a few seconds later I saw my phone light up.

Ellie- You ok?

Lucy- Yeah I'm fine

Ellie- Ok Liam's looking for you...

Lucy- Tell him that I didn't come

Ellie- Bit late for that

Lucy- You didn't tell him where I'm parked did you

Ellie- Um Hannah might have.....

Lucy- ELLIE!!!

Ellie- I'm sorry but you should talk to him

Lucy- I don't want to

Ellie- Please he really wants to explain the thing with Poppy

Lucy- Who’s Poppy?

Ellie- Um no one

I throw my phone into the back seat knowing Ellie wouldn't tell me who this mysterious Poppy is but I can already guess. I bet it’s Liam's new girlfriend. Someone who is more talented then me and pretty than me and ahhhh.

I could feel the tears running down my face as I backed out of my parking spot. I can't believe I'm getting so worked up over a guy. This is not what I'm normally like. I've never been much of a crier but now I just can’t stop the tears.

My vision was blurry as I drove through the car park trying to get out. I couldn't see where I was going so I took one hand off the wheel and wiped my eyes.

Thud!

I felt the whole car shake and quickly stomped on the brakes. I got out of the car, shaking and walked around to the front of the car.

I knew that I hit someone.

'Oh My God I am so sorry' I said to the person on the ground as I rushed forward to help them. Only to then realise that I had hit Liam.

'Holy shit Liam, are you alright?' I asked as I helped him to his feet.

'Yeah I'm fine' he said, but I noticed the look of pain cross his face as he stood up.

'No you’re not. I'll help you' I said wrapping my arm around his shoulder and helping him walk back to my car.

I could hear cars honking behind me but I didn't care. Crap! I had just hit (the person who I thought was my boyfriend but I don't think he still loves me anymore and is going out with some chick called Poppy) with my car.

I helped Liam into the back seat and hopped in after him. Liam sat in the middle seat while I sat next to him.

'What were you doing out here?' I asked him.

'I was looking for you' he said through gritted teeth.

'You’re in pain aren't you?' I asked him taking his hand.

He nodded.

'Where?' I asked him.

He gestured to his ankle and I noticed that it was sticking out to the side at an awkward angle. I don't think that it's supposed to look like that.

'I'm fine' he said, trying to sit up straighter but he groaned as he moved his leg and stopped.

'I'll drive you to the hospital' I said, opening the door behind me and hopping out. I headed around the back of the car and noticed that there were about 10 cars waiting behind mine.

The dude in the front seat of the nearest car stuck his middle finger up at me so I stuck mine up at him and ran around to the driver’s side door.

'Lucy you really don't have to' Liam said as I started the engine.

'Liam, I don't think you've realised but your foot isn’t supposed to look like that.’

We sat in silence for a while as I drove out of the airport and onto the freeway then Liam said.

‘I was looking for you in the airport but I couldn’t see you’.

‘Oh yeah I was there for a little bit then I left’.

‘You could have said hello’ Liam said as we went over a speed bump and I heard him wince as the movement jolted his leg.

‘Yeah but you seem a bit busy with someone else that I had thought you wouldn’t notice and it’s not like you care about me anymore so what does it matter’ I said in a rush.

Liam’s phone started to ring.

‘Hello’ I heard him say.

‘No I’m alright, I’m with Lucy.’

‘Ok I’ll see you later’ he said hanging up.

‘Lucy...’ he said quietly and I felt him place a hand on my shoulder. I kept my eyes on the road but I couldn’t stop the shivers that his touch sent through my body.

‘Lucy, I am so sorry for not contacting you. I couldn’t..’

‘Because you were with your new girlfriend’ I sneered.

‘No, just listen. I’m not dating Poppy. It’s all for show. She is starting out in the music industry and its good publicity for her new album. Besides I’ve known her for years, we went to the same school. I would never cheat on you Lucy. Never. I couldn’t contact you because my computer has already been hacked several times and it was just too much of a risk that it would get out that Poppy and I were faking. I am so sorry Lucy. I should have told you sooner. Do you forgive me?’ he said, giving me the cutest puppy dog eyes in the whole world.

Luckily we were at a traffic light so I turned around in my seat and kissed him on the cheek.   

Quickfire question

Where are you from? and What is the ONE THING (get it) you couldn’t live without?

Ok I’m from Melbourne Australia as everyone probably knows as that’s where this story is set and I probably couldn’t live without my IPhone because I would just die.... end of story.