C H A P T E R T H I R T Y-T H R E E

Start from the beginning

"Come on!" I shouted at Rena. She was taking too damn long to get dress.

"I'm coming, gosh," she said but mumbled the last part while glaring at me.

I was invited to a party to celebrate Mr. Stephano's success and I was more than excited to go and also meet Mr. Stephano....until Rena wanted to come along. The thing was, it was only I that was invited, so I had to beg my boss to let her come along or else, she would have put me out of her house.

My new job is going very well so far and I'm making good money too. That day when I saw Emily and told her about how I'm currently living now and my job, I was hoping that she'll regret she ever left me. I wanted her to feel regretful and jealous that she didn't have me anymore and I think I did that base on her reaction, even though she tried to avoid me. I could have seen the regret in her eyes.

"Get in!" I said to Rena.

We were renting a car for the party since I couldn't afford one as yet. I tried to go with the latest car but it was too expensive so I settled for a Toyota 2014.

"You keep hurrying me" I heard her voice while the sound of her heels clinging together could be heard approaching the car. The car door suddenly opens and she sat in the passenger's seat. I rolled my eyes at her and we're off to the party.

.

.

.

"Oh my gosh! We're here!" Rena said as we pulled up at the biggest mansion I've ever seen.

We exit the car and Rena hooked her hands around my arm as we approach the entrance.

"Name please," A man said standing at the door with a chart in his hands.

"Mark Erin and Rena Grogan" I responded to the man and he checks his list before letting us in.

There were a lot of people around the place and a lot of pretty girls too.

"I'll be back," Rena said and walked away while leaving me to stand there alone.

I sigh at her and scanned the entire room when I saw a familiar figure. Walking towards the food corner, there I saw a familiar girl, eating a cupcake.

"Emily?" I called her and the woman whirled around and I was met with her pretty face.

She looked extremely beautiful today. "Mark?" She asked surprised as she stood up. "Why are you doing here?"

"I was invited by the company I've just started working for. What about you?" he asked while my eyes trailed her body.

She looked hot. The burgundy dress on her body which showed all her curves, made her stand out a lot. She looked so good that I'm sure no man can keep their eyes off of her.

I finally averted my eyes and looked to her face again. It looks like she was hesitating to tell me something.

"Oh....umm...I-" she began but was cut off by a strong, masculine voice.

"Who's your friend here?"

I looked up and saw a man wrapping his arm around her waist as he pulled into his chest. There stood a man who was very good looking and was very built. He looked very rich and powerful and could kill you in just one glare.

Then it hit me. He was Xavier Stephano.

"T-this is M-mark" She stammered as her cheeks turned red. It was like he was having an effect on her.

"Oh. It's nice to meet you, Mark. I'm Xavier Stephano" Xavier introduced himself while shaking my hand.

"Honey~" Rena called and I felt her hands wrapped around mines before her lips touch my cheeks and I squirm in the inside.