treinta

"You kissed her? And she woke up?" Monse asked in disbelief. Arcelia looked up to Ruby and nodded. "That sounds like Sleeping Beauty."

"It makes sense, she was a princess in a coma." Ruby smiled. The cholos laughed at him and Ruby hugged Arcelia.

Arcelia stabbed her food before sighing and pushing it away. "This looks like someone chewed it and spit it out onto a plate."

"Your Postmates is only 10 minutes away."  Ruby stated, looking down at his phone.

Oscar and the cholos scrunched their faced and looked at one another.  "Post what?"

"I ordered food and someone's picking it up for Arcelia."  Ruby explained.  "It's an app."  Arcelia nodded and crossed her legs under the blanket Ruby brought from her room.

"When did you even do that?  You haven't been on your phone since we got here."  Monse pointed out, looking between Arcelia and Ruby in confusion.  The way they silently communicated always freaked her out, but it was a little cute.

"I did it during the last period."  Ruby shrugged.  Like it was a daily thing to order Chick-Fil-A to be sent to a hospital.  There was a knock on the door and Ruby jumped up to answer it.  He was happy the order was early and tipped the deliverer before closing the door.

Ruby handed the bag over to Arcelia, and slapped away Oscar's hand on instinct when he reached for food

Ruby handed the bag over to Arcelia, and slapped away Oscar's hand on instinct when he reached for food.  "I didn't mean to do that." He said quickly out of fear.

Arcelia looked between the two and laughed as she set her food on the little tray that had the hospital food. "Bib me."

Everyone looked in confusion, having no clue what she meant, but it was just an inside joke between her and Ruby since she would get messy when she ate. Ruby grabbed some napkins and put them around the collar of her hospital gown while everyone watched them.

Ruby sat back down on her bed and him and Arcelia noticed everyone staring at them. "What?"

"You guys are weird." One of the cholos commented.

"Says the guy with his hand in his pants." Arcelia threw out.

Oscar shook his head, not understanding how he was friends with these people. "It's itchy!"

"Then wash your dick better." Arcelia told him, her mouth full of the sandwich she just bit into and 6 fries she stuffed into her mouth.

"My dick is clean!"

"Sure about that?  You might be itchy because you have herpes."  Arcelia teased. 

Oscar scrunched up his face listening to Arcelia talk.  "Can we stop talking about dick?"

Arcelia furrowed her eyebrows and turned to Oscar.  "Why?  He obviously needs help."

"Do I really have herpes?"

× × ×

Arcelia sat up from her bed with a groan, and was upset because this was the first time Ruby wasn't beside her since the quince.  It was her first night out of the hospital, and she was just happy to bot hear a machine beeping 24/7.

"O, it hurts."  Arcelia groaned.  She stomped out into the hallway and flopped her fuzzy sock-covered feet against the wood floor. 

Oscar peeped around the wall from the kitchen and shook his head at his little sister.  "You can't take your medicine until you eat something.  Come on, I made you blueberry pancakes."  Oscar told her.  He pulled a seat out for her to sit in and set a stack if pancakes in front of her with the top one decorated in a smiley face. 

Arcelia smiled and waited for Oscar to bring the syrup before she started putting the strawberries to the side. Oscar watched her cut the pancakes into pieces and drench them in syrup before putting a single strawberry on every stack she made. She's been eating pancakes like that since she was 6, and still hasn't grown out of the habit.

"Do you think Cesar's okay?" Arcelia asked, halfway through her pancakes now.

Oscar lookedup to her and shrugged. "Probably. He's probably sleeping at a friend's house." Oscar said. Arcelia nodded and went back to her pancakes and mango juice.

Arcelia was still mad at Cesar for everything, but she didn't blame him 100%. Oscar told her how Cesar knew that Latrelle was starting to threaten Arcelia and that's why he was supposed to be killed. Plus he rolled up on Cesar. However, Cesar lied to Oscar and let him stop being extra overprotective over Arcelia. She was still mad, but that's still her brother, so she's of course going to worry a little.

"I'm done." Arcelia smiled, pushing her plate and watching Oscar walk to the kitchen to get her prescription bottles. And her gummy vitamins since she refused to swallow a pill everyday other than her birth control.

"Is this one necessary?" Oscar asked, sliding over the birth control box with his face scrunched up.

"No, but it keeps my skin clear." Arcelia smiled, taking out the 4 pills and lining them in her hand.

"Are you going to Ruby's house again?" Oscar asked her.

Arcelia thought about it, then shook her head. "I want to spend the day with you this time."

"Why?"

× × ×

Liked by ruby

Liked by ruby.martinez and 246 more
arceliamfdiaz     Funny how you thought a bullet would stop me from being a bad bitch 🤪🖤
view 79 comments
ruby.martinez qué linda
ruby.martinez 🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩
ruby.martinez wow
ruby.martinez mi novia is so beautiful
ruby.martinez you're so strong
ruby.martinez please marry me

highschooler Can I touch it???
arceliamfdiaz No, wtf??
arceliamfdiaz Ask Oscar

Arcelia has Ruby wrapped around her tiny pinky like a damn ring 😩 love that for them

Tbh, the plan wasn't for Arce to get shot💀 she was supposed to walk in on Olivia and Ruby kissing, run home and then find out about the shooting.  The she was gonna fight with Oscar about kicking Cesar our and basically say "If he goes, I go."  Then get kicked out too 😂 this was cuter tho