dieciocho

"Could you be any louder?"

"Sorry, I'm excited."

"You know Oscar's home, right?" Arcelia watched the confidence leave Ruby's face, but it quickly came back with a smile.

"Then we have to be quiet." He suggested, turning up the Bad Bunny and Ozuna music she was already blasting through a speaker. Ruby hugged her, causing her to laugh when they fell back onto her bed.

"Since when are you a risk taker?"

"Since I met you." Arcelia rolled her eyes while Ruby cuddled up to her. He had his arms around her waist and his head on her boobs because they are "better than Tempurpedic pillows". Whatever that meant. "Do you think Cesar would actually be mad if we told him?"

Arcelia shrugged and continued to twirl his hair around her fingers. "Cesar isn't the one you should worry about. The boy can barely fight, but don't tell him I said that."

"Princesa, I'm small.  Literally anyone can kick my ass."  The two laughed as it was something they could both relate to, to an extent because Arcelia could throw hands.  "Can we watch Netflix?"

"I'll get some snacks."

"You are the snack."  Ruby smirked.  Arcelia giggled and pushed his head off of her chest before she stood up.  "If anyone asks, I came in through the front door 2 minutes ago."

× × ×

For some reason, instead of taking Arcelia's suggestion of playing Lotería, the group was playing Go Fish.  Jamal said that he couldn't come over to Ruby's, for Rollerworld reasons, so it was everyone else but him. 

Arcelia watched Olivia on her twin's lap in disgust and envy.  Disgust because that was Monse's man and envy because she couldn't do that with Ruby when everyone was around.  She thought she should probably talk with Oscar about a boyfriend, but she and everyone else knew what he would say.

"Celi, can we talk?"

"No."  She told Monse stubbornly.

"Fine, I'll talk.  I'm sorry for that night.  It wasn't to tell everyone your business or to leave you alone so I could be friends with Olivia."  Monse started off.  "Cesar told me about how scared you got that night.  I didn't know the whole Ruby things was that serious for you.  I-I didn't realize how much you cared about what Oscar thought of you.  I just wanted the attention off of me and you and Ruby were the only people I could think of."

"I was fine with the whole being in love with Ruby thing because everyone knew that, but you didn't have to tell them about us almost sleeping together."

"I know, it was stupid.  I'll do anything you want me to do to prove it."  Monse said.  "Please?  I just want my best friend back."

Arcelia hummed like she was thinking of something before turning to Monse.  "I'm telling you something, but if you expose me again, I'm shaving your head and chopping off your tongue, entiendes?"  

Monse nodded, mostly in fear, and leaned towards Arcelia to let her explain.  Her eyes went wide and she looked to Ruby who was oblivious to their conversation.  "You want me to cover for you while you and Ruby sneak out places?"

"Just until we tell Oscar.  Do you know how hard it is to sneak him into my room?  With his short ass."

"Fine, only because I want to be friends again."  Monse grumbled, causing Arcelia to grin before leaning over to Ruby and letting him know of Monse's compliance.  What a mess.

× × ×

"Arcelia, I can't teach you to drive if you're just going to be messing around."  Oscar complained in frustration, tired of his sister purposely slamming on the brakes because it was fun.  "Drive normal or I'm not teaching you."

"Fine."  Arcelia muttered.  

They were in the middle of an empty road that Oscar knew no one used or came to.  He thought it would be better than taking her to an actual street since it was her first time driving.  Arcelia claimed to know about all the gear shifts, so they skipped that and went straight to driving.

"Why you going 80 in a 25?"

"I'm pretending that we're being chased by Prophets."

It's just a filler, I swear 💀 The producers skipped like 4 weeks and I felt like Arcelia's life needed updating.