cincuenta y seis

It was one of the rare days that Sebastian had off and didn't have baseball practice, so instead of Arcelia third wheeling with Cesar and Monse, or walking closely behind a group of kids, she walked home with him.  Actually, it was more like skipped since she was happy and Sebastian liked takinh big steps.  "Why are you skipping?  We just got out of school."

Arcelia smiled and stopped right in front of Sebastian to prevent him from walking.  "Because I have a surprise for you."

She went to start skipping again, but Sebastian grabbed her wrist and pulled her back into his chest.  "I'm the one that's supposed to get you gifts."

"I know, but you always get me snacks, so I got you a present and I know you'll like it."  Sebastian trailed beside Arcelia while she happily alternated between skipping and walking beside him while swinging their arms.

As they approached the Diaz house, everything was normal. All the Santos were on the lawn, Oscar was on the porch ledge, and Ramon was on the couch.  They both greeted everyone then Arcelia pulled him into the house.  Ramon watched them both suspiciously, then looked to Oscar who just shrugged.

Arcelia led Sebastian to her room and then made him sit on her bed while she went in her closet.  Arcelia came out with a small gift bag and handed it to Sebastian before sitting beside him with her legs crossed Indian style.  Sebastian pulled out candy and cologne, and then took out the paper at the bottom to unfold and read it. 

She watched as his mouth dropped and as his hands fell into his lap.  "I know you haven't seen them in a while, so I worked around your schedule so you could fly out and visit your parents."  Arcelia watched as a tear fell onto the paper and grew shocked before hugging around Sebastian's shoulders while he stuttered.  "I asked Geny to get their phone number from Ruby and called them.  That's their address, but they said they would pick you up at the airport."

"I- how did you do all of this?"

Arcelia smiled as she gently wiped Sebastian's and kissed cheeks. "I have a lot of money saved up from when I was a kid, plus my family was very generous with my quince presents."

Arcelia kept her arms wrapped around Sebastian as he put everything back into the bag before he hugged her back by pulling her into his lap. "You're the best, sabes?"

"Claro, porque me dices cada día." Arcelia smiled down at Sebastian, and held his head as they fell back against her pillows. "Can you move? I want to breathe."

Sebastian moved, kinda, so now his head was on Arcelia's chest, his arms were around her waist, and his lega were tangled up with her's. "Uh, what are you doing?"

The two looked to the doorway to see Oscar who was silently judging them. "Cuddling."

"And you're not doing that in the living room because..?"

Arcelia stared at her eldest brother as Sebastian sat up before groaning. "Fine, we'll cuddle on the couch." She gave him a sarcastic smile as he left before grabbing the blanket off of her bed. "I hate being the only girl."

"You told me you liked it because you got more presents."

"Then this is sexist because Cesar has Monse in his room every night with his door closed."

Sebastian rubbed Arcelia's back before she threw herself on the couch all upset, hiding herself under the blanket while he squatted down to see her face. "Want me to hold you?"

"Yes please."

× × ×

liked by monsefins, sebasgarcia, and 367 morearceliamfdiaz  taken moments before disaster view 39 comments

arceliamfdiaz taken moments before disaster
view 39 comments

cesarsaladiaz why does the impala look like that?
arceliamfdiaz why you smell like that?

sebasgarcia qué hermosa 🥵

sebasgarcia 🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤
arceliamfdiaz  sir, do not make me act up

sebasgarcia  you got a boyfriend??
arceliamfdiaz  i'm literally laying on top of you
sebasgarcia  that doesn't answer my question

hate to break it to yall, but i dont think this is gonna get to season 3 🥴 and i kinda already have an idea of how i wanna end the book