cinco

With orientation over, Arcelia was back home and eating again while Los Santos were outside, Cesar included.  It was times like these where she wished she had a boyfriend because she was bored.

She glanced at the wall under her fairy lights, specifically where she had little markings to prove she was still growing.  Over the summer, she actually grew 2 inches so she was finally five feet tall.  In celebration, she had gotten a concha from the bakery down the block.

Now, she was full, but bored out of her mind.  I really need some friends.

She was still pissed at Ruby for all the things he said, and she refused to look like a pussy and apologize for something that was completely his fault. 

It was finally the first day of school and mother nature decided to make a surprise visit to Arcelia so her and Oscar left early to go to the store. 

Arcelia fixed her brown sandals while her head rested on the back of the seat while butting into Oscar and Manuel's conversation

When they got back to their house, Cesar was outside and right beside Monse and behind Jamal and Ruby.  When did they make upAnd why haven't they talked to me?

"Cesar."  Oscar called out of his window.  Cesar turned to the car and hesitated before climbing in behind his brother's seat.  The four in the car sent one last look to the remaining three freshmen on the sidewalk before Oscar drove off. 

"When did you guys make up?"

Cesar, without making any eye contact with her, shrugged his shoulders.  "We just... did."

Arcelia just stared at him before turning around to see the group of three in the street and watching the impala drive off. 

She was hurt.  Did she really manage to lose her friends for no reason?

× × ×

The first day of high school seemed to just drag on for Arcelia.  She had no friends in any of her classes except for some guy named Pablo who she's had in her classes since second grade.

"Celi!"  A feminine voice shouted, right before Arcelia was tackled with a hug and almost fell back.  "I missed you, where have you been?"  Monse asked.  "Woah, you got boobs.  And your braces!  You had a nice glow up."  Monse ranted, excited to finally see her friend after all this time.  "How are you?"

"You didn't even call me."  Arcelia said stubbornly, looking at Monse in disappointment. 

"I tried to, but Ruby said I shouldn't because apparently you and Cesar left us."

"No we didn't.  At least, I didn't.  I just asked Ruby a question because him and Jamal stopped talking to me and Cesar, and his short ass said some things that hurt me.  So until he apologizes, I refuse to talk to him."  Arcelia explained as her and Monse walked down the hallway. 

"What did he say?"

The shorter freshman sighed and shook her head.  "I don't want to talk about it."

"Well, if it makes you feel any better, I'm still your friend... right?"

"I mean, I guess."  Arcelia joked.  The two girls walked to the cafeteria together and filled each other in on what happened over the summer.  Both talked about how bored they were without each other and the little glow up they each had.

Monse led to an open table and the guys came up a few seconds later.  Arcelia, being the petty person she is, greeted Jamal and Cesar with a hug, before turning to the third person.  "Ruby."  She said simply with a head nod, sitting back down as Ruby's simle disappeared. 

He really expected the same treatment the other guys got.  What the hell?

"You got boobs."

"Hey!"  Cesar exclaimed as he hit the back of Jamal's head.  The dark-skinned boy winced and rubbed his head, ignoring the glare his friend was giving him. 

Arcelia looked down at her chest and sat down.  She crossed her arms, then stopped when she realized it only made her boobs pop out more.

"He's not lying." Ruby mumbled under his breath before wincing once he got the same reaction Jamal got from Cesar. 

The girls didn't hear anything, to busy talking about plans they need to make.  Ruby wanted his best friend back, but how was he supposed to make up for all the things he said?

He wasn't sure, but he needed to think of something fast before he loses her forever.

On God, I swear the next chapter is longer