Amelia sits right next to me and I sip on my mango juice.

"Does Liam spend a lot of time here?" I ask a stupid question.

"Some weekends he is here but I haven't ever seen him come down during weekdays as he does lately." He hasn't been here—wait has he? I have to tread carefully. If I want some information—which I do, I need to pretend like I know what's up.

"Does he eat the dinners you cook for us?"

"Not really, he mostly just goes in your room but you know that," no I don't! I don't see him at all. I have been sleeping soundly due to my painkillers but damn—he doesn't hop in bed with me. I would know—would I?

A little bit of ice in my soul thaws. He hasn't been a complete jerk.

My phone buzzes.

"I have scorching tea for you. Drinks tonight?" Hannah texts me. Oh! I live to sip some tea.

"Sure. Who is it about? And let's meet at the usual?" I reply back.

"It's good to see you smile," Amy comments.

"It's about Liam—I got something major," Hannah replies.

"Usual sounds awesome."

"At 4? I'll get off work early."

"Can't wait to see your hair in person."

Why can't she text it all in one paragraph? She's making my phone buzz constantly.

Suddenly my day doesn't seem gloomy at all. I finish my breakfast and start getting ready. With my body betraying me—it will take me eternity no doubt. I open the bathroom cabinet and I don't know who stocked the makeup department at Liam's but it's bomb.com.  I have half the Dior and Fenty shade range along with tools I don't understand and skincare I have never heard of but can't wait to try. I have never been the SPF and serum at night girl but with so many at my disposal, why shouldn't I try them on?

I take my own sweet time straightening my hair and applying make-up... the best that I can. I pick a black strapless dress from the cupboard and even though I don't know how much it costs—it fits me like a glove. If only I could zip it up. I go to the living room to look for Emy and find her in the kitchen blending something. She sees me and turns it off immediately.

"Going out?" She asks.

"Yes, could you zip me up please?"

She does and if the dress was a glove before—it is a glove I can barely breathe in now. It hugs every cervix of my body and for the first time in days—I feel sexy. I've been in sweats for way too long. My hair is giving me life. It's almost 3:15—I apply some nude lipstick and overline my lips. I take my phone and since my case fits my cards and my metro card—I ditch a bag. All the bags in the closet are just too expensive and pretty for me to even touch.

I don't even try on the array of heels—they are just too high for me and when I can barely walk—I don't need another excuse to tumble down. I stick to my red Nike sneakers.

Amy knocks at the door again—jeez woman.

"Come on in."

"Mia there is a driver waiting for you at the gate."

"Is it Wilson?" Please tell me, I know him and he provides me a sense of comfort.

"No, his name is Jeff. He will meet you right outside the elevator. Do you want him to come up?"

"Oh no, not at all. I'll see you, Amy." I make my way to the elevator.

The lift has jazz music playing and I can't help but move my head to it. This is such a grown-up building; my lift has spilled beer and trash in it. No wonder Liam looks down at where I live—which is not an excuse. Why is his driver picking me up again? If Jeff drops me then Liam will know where I am and I don't want him to. It's like he knows everything about me already—I want something about my life to be only mine.

The elevator stops and there is a man in a black suit with blonde hair waiting for me. I don't acknowledge him and keep walking towards the lobby instead.

He walks behind me and asks, "Are you, Miss Dawson?"

"No, sorry," I lie as I walk past the door.

I open the door and warm breeze mixed with the smell of freedom and rebellion hit me. I am in the mood to get in trouble tonight. 

Author's note

I just made an Instagram for Ice To Meet You. The first post is of Liam, for all OG readers. I convinced Liam to say a few lines *wink-wink* and there is a video of him smoking attached to it. So check it out and let me know what you think. Also, follow the page for regular updates and polls that I will have about the story. I really want to create a place where you guys have a say in the story. So we will have previews, snippets and lots and lots of discussions and pictures. Pictures of the restaurants they go to, the food they eat, where they work and everything in between. I love you guys so much and as always let me know what more you want to see and I'll create it. The link is attached to the chapter