Brunch is not always a good idea

The scorching sunlight coming in from the window wakes me up and I know I can't sit up just yet. My head is pounding and my throat is parched. I really should not have gone back and had another glass of jungle juice. I glance at the left side of the room and Hannah is still peacefully sleeping on her pink bed. I force myself to sit up and grab some water.

"Good morning," I hear a guy from Hannah's bed say. Crap! Who is he? Before replying I quickly adjust my dress, I don't want him to see my nipples.

"Morning," I mumble. I don't like talking to or looking at humans before a cup of steaming black coffee. I have never understood people who wake up chirpy, I wake up pissed off and ready to cut a bitch in half.

I should have taken my contact lenses off last night. And my make-up. And my dress. The stranger in Hannah's bed sits up and I am hoping he doesn't want to make conversation. What time is it even? I check my phone on the side of my bed and it's 7:53 a.m.

It's too early for Saturday morning and  I have no desire or motivation to get out of my comfy covers just yet. The guy gets up and oh shit! He is naked. I pull the covers on top of my face but not before seeing his, well everything.

It's Federico.

I wake up again, still groggy. My stomach growls and I should get some coffee and go for a run .... Shit! What's happening with the brunch?

We never picked a place and after going back inside, I did not see Will again. I look at my phone and it's almost 11 am. I have a text on my phone from a private number.

"See you at the Waffle House at 10."

Fuck!

How could I be so stupid? How does he have my number? What do I do now?

I look at Hannah's side of the room and the bed is empty. She could have woken me the fuck up. Where is she when I need her the most? I call her immediately.

"Hey babe, what's up?"

"I was supposed to have brunch with Will at 10, I just woke up. What do I do? Also, did you give him my number? Have I blown my shot? Why are you not home?" I really need her and water.

"Calm down Mia, if you have his number, text him that you just woke up. And wow! You had brunch planned with him. What did I miss? Update me. I think he got your number from Federico. I am out for brunch with a bunch of my Spanish class friends." She has too many friends.

"What was Federico doing in our room?" I ask, remembering the incident this morning.

"What are the options Mia?" Han answers in a somewhat pissed off tone.

"Is he somebody important now?"

"Nah, just a shag." Yep, pissed for sure. What did he do?

"When are you coming home?" I just want to sit with her and talk about last night.

"I have to wrap my final project, so I am headed to the library after the brunch. I'll see you in a few hours. Do you want to talk about Will? We can always Facetime on my way to the library."

"No, I'll just call him and then start apartment hunting. We need to find a place in New York asap."

"True. Do you want to come to the ball tonight?" Not after what I said last night.

"No, I am good. I want to stay home and pack up our room."

"Okay, I'll have one of the guys drop some empty boxes at our place later today." She has assigned love sick pets who usually do most of her work for her. I will never understand the pull she has on men, it's surreal.

After getting my cup of coffee and eating half a protein bar, I am ready to text Will.

"Hey. Just got up ☹️, alcohol and I don't get along. Raincheck?" I text him.

It's been 7 minutes and he hasn't replied. I don't think it's healthy to look at my phone every 5 seconds. I change into my workout shorts and tighten my ponytail; I need to run my headache away.

45 mins later, in the middle of 'Work Bitch' by Britney Spears, my phone rings. It's him.

"Hello," I say panting.

"Did I interrupt something?" He asks in an accent I still can't put my finger on.

"Just my run, what's up?" I am trying my best to catch my breath as I speak.

"Raincheck is usually before the event, not after," I know, no need to rub it in my face asshole. Why do I find him so infuriating?

"I know but I couldn't think of anything else to say. I am sorry, I guess?" I am not the kind of person who gets up before 11 a.m. on a Saturday morning. That is my one day to sleep in.

"Are you really?" he is not going to let this go. I let out a deep breath.

"Yes," I answer truthfully

"Prove it."

"How?"

"Come to the ball tonight?"

I really don't want to go but I don't see a way out of this. 

"Do I have to pretend to like it? Because that is pushing it for me." I say, mimicking his voice.

He laughs and I think I am somewhat forgiven.

"I'll send Wilson to pick you up at 8," before I can respond, he cuts the call. 

What do people wear to balls? 

*If you enjoy reading my work, don't forget to vote on it. If you want to give me any feedback/ constructive criticism, comment down below. I update regularly, so make sure you are following me to keep up with the story.