Perfect Life

Jay POV

People always said that I had the perfect life. I couldn't understand what they all meant by that. To me, no ones life was perfect, just as no one can be perfect.

I was a high school Junior that for every graduation became the Valid Victorian. I had 2 loving parents that were everything to me. I even had friends and a roof under my head. However, I never understood the term "Perfect Life."

If people took a step inside my life, they would see that there was so much more to my life than meets the eye. I was different from everyone that I had ever met. That was why we moved all of the time.

I was different. I was taken in and out of schools. Not because I am a bad kid or anything, it is just that I am smarter than most people. I have one of the highest IQ's all of Ninjago has ever seen. Scientists test me. 

So, when my parents announced that we would be moving yet again, I was not at all shocked. I was fine with it until my parents told me we would be living in a Junkyard.

"But Mom..." I started to say.

"No, Jay. We have to do this. You have been gifted, and there are scientists in Ninjago City that would like to meet you. If all goes well, we may never have to move again." My Dad said.

"When would we be leaving?" I asked.

I watched as my parents looked at each other. Their faces went pale as they slowly looked to the ground.

"When are we moving?" I asked again with authority ringing in my voice.

"Tonight, son. We are leaving tonight." My Father whispered.

I sighed. I was used to having to leave suddenly without preparation. That was why I didn't own very much.

"I will be ready in an hour." Was all I said before I walked into my room to start.

I looked out my window.

Maybe my life will be different from now on. Maybe I will finally have a chance to do things my own way instead of having other people telling me how to live my life.

I knew it was all just a fantasy really. My life was already so "Perfect". Why would I want it to change?

In truth, it was I who really wanted to change. Maybe this move was a sign. A sign that in the end, everything will turn into the life I always wanted it to.

I took a deep breath as we all piled into the car.

"Well, here goes nothing." I whispered as I saw the City come into view.