unwanted

He never knew that the sky could look this menacing before.

The sky was so red, it seemed as if all the blood of his victims has been used to paint it. No matter where his head turned, all he could see was red. An endless red, the same crimson as that man's eyes.

There was not even a glimpse of clouds...

The pain on his shoulder had dwindled down to a throbbing dull stab. He can't even muster the energy to feel it...

But this -

This is -

This is - fine.

----------

In the end, this was his retribution.

Left to die a dog's death, alone in the middle of nowhere, with no one but the gods to witness his death.

(If only...)

In the end, this was what all his life was headed to.

Dying, bleeding to death, with no one at his side, forever alone and unwanted.

(Always, never, and forever. Always alone. Never loved. Forever unwanted.)

In the end, this was what the heavens willed for him.

Never wanted, never loved, never needed. He choked out a bitter laugh, coughing out the blood within his throat.

(Even then, he still didn't want to die-)

How befitting of an end it was, for a scum man like him.

But yet-

But yet, he still wanted-

-----------

This is how the story goes.

A girl, born into a  family that loves her. Destined to crush all enemies within her path. Desired by everyone. Loved by the heavens itself.

This is how the story goes.

A boy, born into a family that does not love him. Unwanted by life itself. Unneeded by everyone around him. Fated to be crushed by everything in his future. Hated by the heavens itself.

This is how the story goes.

The girl and the boy are twins. One is loved, one is hated. One is needed, one is unneeded. One is happy, one is sad.

Two sides of the same coin, two sides that will never meet.

Even then-

Even so -

-------------

This is how the story ends.

The girl ends up with the person she loves. She has a child, a happy family, and the heavens smile upon her. All is fine. All is well.

This is how the story ends.

The boy is abandoned by the only person who has ever loved him. The boy's only child was killed. Murdered. The boy was never meant to live past childhood, so the heavens sneer upon his cursed existence.

This is how the story ends.

The boy ends up in a pool of his blood, gazing at the sunset swathed in red clouds. There was a stump on where his left arm and right leg used to be, and cuts cover every inch of his body.