28.

"Fengyin." A familiar voice called out. He set down the brush aside, airing the paper out yo dry, as he turned his head towards his brother.

"Yes, brother?"

A feeling of unease swelled up within him. A sense of something dark surging within him, as if it wants to consume his every being and-

"I'll be going out for a few weeks. You and Longyue... be good."

He swallowed down the words he was going to say. "Alright, brother. I'll relay that message to Longyue as well."

A beat.

Xu Zhongyi reached out a hand, and fleetingly - patted his head.

He was gone in a whirlwind of leaves.

Xu Fengyin exhaled out a breath, and tried to calm himself.

It was alright. His older brother isn't going to leave him. Longyue is still here.

It was alright.

The ink smeared distastefully on the paper.

It was alright.

________
Lei Jiajia blew at her hair, watching the town from the corner of her eye. She had successfully left Chen Xueyang behind to the mercies of the children around town, and is now currently waiting for a certain someone.

"Sorry for being late! ... I had to ditch Longyue behind."

Lei Jiajia huffed, her annoyance rearing its head. "You should have done what I did to Chen Xueyang and leave her to the children to bully."

Fengyin only laughed guiltily. "The children are... a bit intimidated by her."

"Your sister is a bully?" Lei Jiajia narrowed her eyes. Fengyin hurriedly denied it, not wanting his sister's love life to suffer before it even began.

"No! It's just... The children just don't like her that much."

"Oh." Lei Jiajia returned flatly, and then the silence resumed, only marred by the rustling branches.

"...."

"...."

˚‧º·(˚ ˃̣̣̥⌓˂̣̣̥ )‧º·˚ This is too sad! Why can't they even talk properly, Fengyin was getting too restless without anyone to talk to without them thinking he was crazy!

"So..." Lei Jiajia began awkwardly. "How long have you been here?"

"Uhm. Ten years, give or take some months. It all gets fuzzy after a while." Fengyin replied, excitedly. "What about you?"

This person is really devoted to his character, Lei Jiajia thought. To act like that for ten years... he must be a senior!

"I've only been here for about five years." She replied, ducking her head slightly. "I had only recently bought the OOC Function pack from my system. But you... you don't seem to need the OOC Function pack."

Wait what.

OOC Function pack????

System????

It can't be.

"Are you the protagonist?" He blurted out, accidentally. Wait. No, wrong question. "You have a system??"

"Yes, I thought you-"

Lei Jiajia looked at Xu Fengyin's confused face, and understood immediately.

(Her respect all went down the drain too.)