14.

Somehow, FengYin really does not want to go meet the other inner disciples. He has no intentions to meet with Fu JiangShan, who is surely going to be where the other inner disciples are.

Lu YanShui had already gave his consent to self study. The man had only looked at him for several minutes, before agreeing, but on the condition that FengYin study inside his personal courtyard.

FengYin was quite content. He didn't need to go out frequently, he just wanted to stay inside and cultivate all ☆ day ☆ long☆

The times where he needed to go out was scarce, he only went out when his book pile was running thin. Each time he went to Lu YanShui's library, he had borrowed 10 books at once, and in those times, he had never even run into anyone. Not even Lu YanShui.

Although he was confused at first of why he didn't spot the man, it grew into relief. He still felt uncomfortable, what with the sudden change in heart. He was still waiting for the other shoe to drop - there was no way things could be good without any reason.

...Well, even if things were meant to go south in the future, he'll take the opportunity to enjoy the present.

As of now, he had already finished all of his books, so he was now heading to Lu YanShui's library.

He held a pile of books in his hands. Ever so now and then, it'll wobble and threaten to fall down, but it didn't. The pile of books towered over his head, as some of them were very thick. His arms had also become sore.

Just then, he turned into a corner, and bumped into somebody. The impact made him fall down, and the books fell, some on him and the others around. FengYin felt disoriented by the sudden change in positions, and he looked up only to see Lu YanShui and an old man beside him.

What was this shoujo manga kind of encounter..... if he had a piece of bread in his mouth, then it will be a classic encounter, wouldn't it.

The old man suddenly broke out into roaring laughter, as he slapped his knees. "Talking about him, and he appears! You, my disciple, aren't you really lucky?"

That question seemed to be directed at Lu YanShui. Lu YanShui merely facepalmed, muttering words that couldn't be comprehended. He then held out a hand to the still sitting down FengYin.

FengYin wordlessly took it, and bent down to take the books from the floor.

Unexpectedly, Lu YanShui is also helping him picking up the books. In the end, FengYin was only holding three books, with YanShui holding the rest.

This.... FengYin was speechless.

FengYin was about to speak up, before YanShui looked towards him and asked. "Where to?"

If a person was offering to help can he really turn them down?

FengYin opened and closed his mouth several times, looking like a gaping fish. At last, he finally answered. "The library."

Anyone could see that he was reluctant to say that. The old man chortled, and then slapped the back of Lu YanShui's head with a fan. Lu YanShui only stayed silent at the hit.

"What a coincidence!" The old man crowed. "We were heading there too!"

But the way they're heading clearly wasn't to the library....However, FengYin did not call him out on his lie. Lu YanShui was silent the entire time during their walk to the library.

Finally, they reached the library.

Immediately, the old man ordered Lu YanShui to reorganise the books, and the peak master just obeyed, an annoyed expression on his face. The old man then pulled FengYin away to sit at a sunlit corner.

FengYin was thoroughly confused at the sudden turn of events. This old man looked familiar, though...

"So, how does it feel being the succeeding disciple?" The old man asked conversationally as he poured a cup of tea.

....Excuse me? FengYin was quite confused about this. Since when did he become the succeeding disciple? What??

He supposed that the confusion must have shown on his face, because the old man stopped pouring the tea. The old man sighed, and pushed a cup towards FengYin. FengYin took it silently.

"Well, if you are living in that brat's courtyard, then you should be the succeeding disciple," The old man murmured, rubbing his beard. He then looked into FengYin's eyes. The old man continued. "Do you know that your sister, is JianDong's succeeding disciple?"

FengYin shook his head, nursing the warm cup of tea. He felt his throat getting dry, so he took a sip of the tea, before speaking. "No, she didn't tell me."

The old man frowned. "Hmm. I see," He nodded to himself, and then drank his cup of tea in one go. "Well then, how is your cultivation going?"

FengYin found himself at a loss for answers. He hasn't been focusing on his cultivation, what should he answer? But it turns out that he did not need to, as the old man continued again.

"It seems that you have broken into the tenth stage of basics!" The old man appraised. "Not bad, you rose three levels since our last meeting. It seems that you will be able to pass into the core building stage soon."

FengYin could only nod, but there was some doubt in his heart. Since when did he got into the tenth stage of basics? However, he doesn't want to speak these thoughts out loud.

They enjoyed the tea in silence. It wasn't long before Lu YanShui returned from shelving all the books with an annoyed face. He took a seat next to FengYin, and poured himself a cup of tea, before speaking.

"What did you speak to him about, old man?" Unexpectedly, he was speaking rudely to the old man. The old man only showed a grin full of teeth, and FengYin could feel a sense of foreboding emating from him.

"Ooh~ Are you scared that I will corrupt your cute disciple?" The old man teased, and then snickered. He waved his hand leisurely. "Rest assured, his innocence is still intact."

Good lord, what was with this old man's wording? He really felt like crying.

Lu YanShui only huffed, and then downed his cup of tea. "What were you two talking about?" He directed the question to FengYin.

FengYin was flustered at the sudden question, and he stuttered. "Um, It, it was about my cultivation.....?"

He was still bad with teachers after all ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lu YanShui only nodded, and then continued talking with the old man. Based on their interactions slash banter, they seemed to be a close pair of master and disciple. It seems that Lu YanShui is the disciple of this old man, so that old man should be his martial grandpa....

His mind kept floating away, thinking on how to synthethize the bundles of plants in his room without a cauldron. He kept on matching up different plants to synthethize with, which plants would go well with which plant, what kind of pill would they make, and et cetera...

"--Isn't that right, Xu FengYin?"

Hearing his full name being called out, he could only absentmindedly nod. "Un..."

"See!" He was broken out of his daze by a gleeful shout. "He does want to learn under me. He's not like you, you smelly brat!"

Lu YanShui only pressed his forehead with his palm, heaving out a long suffering sigh.

All the while, FengYin was really confused. What the fuck was going on?

But soon, he got his answer.

"Okay, you'll be going back with me to my personal courtyard!" The old man gleefully exclaimed, a grin on his wrinkled face. "You'll study under me for several days, call me Shifu from now on!"

...Eh?

_____________

all the while when i was writing this i felt a myriad of emotions,one of which is more prevalent is hunger