Chapter 23

So many comments on the last chapter, keep them up because they make me smile :)

---

It was the day of graduation when Louis received his exam results through mail. He was sitting at the breakfast table, barely eating because his heart was threatening to break through his ribcage thanks to the speech he had to give in a few hours and his plan to come out.

His parents had given him his phone back after prom and made him promise to focus on exams. He promised, but as soon as he was alone in his room, he started texting Harry, completely forgetting to study for a few hours.

It was nice, because Harry made him forget about stressful things when he needed to. Harry was his escape and Louis loved it. Louis loved him. And Harry loved him back.

Esmeralda knocked at his door to let him know that she had an envelope for him, so after Louis locked the door, he opened Face Time and called Harry because he wanted to look at their scores together. If Harry would get 85 or higher, he had a chance to get into the University of London, which was their plan all along. Louis would either get into Oxford or King's College.

His parents were set on Oxford, but Louis wanted King's College because it was closer to Harry and it was basically the same thing. He had gotten the letters of acceptance a week ago, and he had yet to mail one of them out to confirm.

"Heyyyy." Harry said and Louis squinted his eyes at the screen.

"Is that a suit on your closet door?"

Harry nodded, laughing. "I'm getting ready for my boyfriends' graduation."

"Oh God."

"Are you nervous?"

"A bit. A lot, actually." Louis admitted and sat down at his desk. "Are younervous?"

Both of their graduations were today, but Harry's was two hours after Louis'.

"Did you get your results?"

"Yes. We're going to open them together, yeah?"

"Mhm."

"Okay then. Start!"

They both opened their envelopes with their teeth, because the other hand was holding the phone and they didn't even care that they looked like complete idiots.

"You first." Harry said and his eyes fell on his sheet.

"I got ninety eight."

"Oh my God, that's great Lou!" Harry said excitedly and Louis smiled, before biting his lip and asking Harry to show him his results.

Harry turned his paper around and neared the camera to it so Louis could see for himself.

"Is that a sixty-four or an eighty-four?"

"Eighty-four!" Harry exclaimed happily and Louis smiled fondly as butterflies erupted in his stomach.

"You're going to get in! Ugh, but we have to wait until tomorrow. I need to send one of them for confirmation out today."

Harry chewed on his lip, obviously knowing that Louis was in a risky situation. On one hand, if Louis replied to Oxford, then he'd definitely not get to be with Harry in the future because they would be an hour apart. On the other hand, if he replied to King's College, there might be a chance that Harry wouldn't get into University of London. That meant he'd have to go to the Uni in Doncaster, which also meant that Louis would have missed the chance to go to Oxford because of him.

"Which one are you going send?"

"I'm not sure yet." Louis lied.

"When's the deadline?"