Chapter 3

When Louis came back downstairs there were even more people cramping up the house and he was starting to feel claustrophobic. He had made a plan to stick to Liam all night and maybe even allow himself a shot of what was best (he needed to consult Barbara on that).

However, he knew that wasn't going to be possible the moment he saw her sticking her tongue down Niall's throat in the corner of the living room.

If Louis was being honest, he wanted someone to snog too, his girlfriend probably. He'd just always wondered what people liked so much about making out, why everyone said it was fun.

He made a promise to himself to ask Eleanor if she was up for it the next time he would see her, which would probably be this Sunday at church.

The living room was packed with people he didn't even know, or recognize for that matter, dancing, drinking and kissing. He had no clue what music was playing, something about running the town tonight.

"Let's get a drink." He suggested to Liam, because the best thing to do at a party when you didn't know what to do with yourself was to get a drink.

They made their way into the kitchen, which wasn't as occupied and cramped as the living room, thank god.

He saw Zayn leaning against the counter, sharing a joint with some other guy that Louis found totally irrelevant.

"Uh...where can I get some water?" he found himself asking Zayn, who shot him a look like he had said the stupidest thing in the world.

"Water?" Zayn asked smirking, even though he wasn't looking at Louis, he was looking at Liam. "What are your names?"

"I'm Liam and this is Louis." Liam answered quickly, and Louis shot him an incredulous look, because Liam was actually blushing and he never really talked to strangers, he was more of the shy type.

"Liam." Zayn repeated, and Louis had a déjà vu from last night, when Harry had repeated his name.

"Would you like some water too, Liam?"

"Uh, I'd like a beer please." Liam answered, as if Zayn was a bartender.

"Okay then."

Zayn handed he guy next to him the joint and sent him off, before he turned around to get two red cups out of the plastic bag.

He filled one with Stella Artois and the other one with plain water, then handed them their cups.

"See you around." He said, looking at Liam rather than Louis, before he walked away.

"He's flirting with you." Louis told Liam as soon as they were left alone.

"What? No he isn't. Is he?"

"Does it matter? He's a boy, Liam. You're a boy-wait. Are you...you're not gay, are you?"

Liam shrugged and Louis' eyes widened.

"How would you even know? You never kissed anyone!"

"I kind of always preferred Mr. Green rather than Mrs. Ridge, or any other female teacher for that matter. But please don't judge me Louis, only Barbara knows."

Louis frowned, not really sure how he felt about his best friend just coming out to him. If he came to it, he'd always preferred Mr. Green, the young French teacher, rather that Mrs. Ridge. But...that didn't mean anything, did it?

Am I just having my gay freak-out? I have a girlfriend for God's sake! Being gay is wrong.

I need a proper drink.

But Zayn was gone and he didn't really know his way around the kitchen, or what drinks he should and shouldn't mix together, how much was too much.