Chapter 18

So many comments on last chapter thank you :D They make my day !

---

Louis didn't do anything but stare for a couple of seconds. That was his father. His father. Kissing a woman. That was not his mother.

He recognized her though; she was his father's secretary. He was completely devastated and couldn't even manage to say anything. He simply turned around and started marching away, not looking anywhere but in front of him.

"Louis!" Harry called after him before he actually started following Louis out of the mall.

Louis only managed to walk around the corner before Harry caught his arm and turned him around. Louis let himself fall on the bench behind him and stared at the road in front of him for a couple of endless minutes.

Harry just sat there with him and that's all Louis needed. He needed someone to just be there for him without actually saying or doing anything.

Louis leaned his head against the backrest of the bench, close to Harry's shoulder without actually touching it. He felt like shit for not believing him.

"Lou-" Harry started, putting his arm around Louis' shoulder.

He squirmed away from the touch.

"I just-I need to be alone for a bit." He muttered and got into one of the taxis that were lined up at the end of the street.

Harry immediately got in the one behind it and told the driver to follow the one in front of them.

Louis gave the driver a ten pound bill-which was a lot more than actually needed and got out of the car without looking back. A million thoughts were swirling through his head and he just couldn't believe his eyes. That couldn't have been true. His father was an honest man; he'd never cheat on his mother. He'd never do that to his family.

But apparently he would.

He tried to get the door open but then realized that Harry had the card, so he just banged his forehead against the door, exasperated. He wanted nothing but to collapse on the bed and cry for hours with no one there to see him.

He was definitely bipolar.

"Louis, I got the key." Harry said and Louis turned his head to see Harry walking towards him.

Harry opened the door without saying anything and Louis walked in his room, not even looking to see if Harry followed him inside (he did).

He let himself fall down on the bed and buried his face in his palms, feeling tears welling in his eyes. he didn't want to cry in front of Harry.

"I'm sorry." Harry said, not moving from his place by the door.

"You can say it."

"Say what?"

"Don't play dumb." Louis muttered and looked at him.

Harry knew that Louis was really close to breaking down at crying in front of him.

"You can say that you told me so. You can tell me that I didn't listen to you and that I was really shitty for ignoring you and telling you off." Louis started blabbering, everything spilling out of him.

"Louis. It's okay-it's fine. I didn't believe my mom cheated on my dad until I saw her."

"But my father...he's..." Louis said, voice shaking and Harry knew he was so close to breaking.

"Lou." Harry softly spoke and that's when Louis really started crying. Harry stepped towards him and wrapped his long arms around the younger boy's frame.