16. The Way I Feel (Rancid)

"I had sex with Bert."

"I know."

"I'm sorry."

"That's okay."

"Wait, how'd you know?"

"I- uhh... I'm a good guesser...?"

"Oh... Okay." Gerard said quietly, before opening his mouth again;

"You don't mind... do you?"

"About what?" Frank asked, looking up confused.

"Y'know... me and Bert..."

"Oh, no, of course not, you can do whatever, I don't control you." Frank said, dropping his head so Gerard couldn't see how little truth there was behind his words.

"Are you sure? You don't sound sure?" Gerard asked, leaning forwards on his bed.

"Well even if I wasn't okay with it, I'd still have to deal with it wouldn't I?" Frank snapped back, the edge to his voice completely unintentional.

"I'm sorry." Gerard whimpered quietly, shrinking back against the wall.

"No! No, I didn't mean it like that- I- I'm just- sorry, you don't have to apologise," Frank said quickly, climbing off his own bed and joining Gerard on his bed, curling up next to the taller boy, his head resting lightly on Gerard's thigh. Frank felt Gerard stiffen at the contact, but he slowly relaxed after a few minutes of silence and Gerard's hand trailed down, ghosting over Frank's back before coming to rest on his side, rubbing softly at the slightly exposed skin between the denim of his jeans and just under the edge of his shirt.

Frank keened softly at Gerard's touch, warmth spreading up throughout him. Gerard chuckled quietly at Frank's reaction, repeating the action and getting the same response, gliding his fingers over the soft skin until he noticed something. He hitched Frank's shirt up more, revealing his midriff.

"Did you get a new tattoo?"

"... yeah." Frank mumbled shyly, his hand coming up to cover his face, but Gerard moved it away.

"Don't, I like seeing your face."

"No, stop." Frank whined, turning his head away so Gerard couldn't see the embarrassed blush covering his cheeks.

Gerard shifted uncomfortably,

"Maybe, um... maybe not there Frankie." He said softly, pressing lightly at the side of Frank's head, which was when Frank realised he had his face basically buried in Gerard's crotch.

"Shit, fuck, I'm sorry, fuck, I didn't realise-" Frank said, panicking as he scrambled away from Gerard.

"No, it's okay, I thought it was funny, don't worry." Gerard said, crawling after Frank to the head of his bed and lying on top of him, stopping the smaller boy from moving anywhere.

"So... about your new tattoo, what is it? When did you get it?" Gerard asked, resting his head down on Frank's back, finally understanding why Frank loved that position so much.

"Well, I'd show you if you got off me, it's kinda hard to describe, and I got it a couple of weeks ago I think, it was on January 14th."

"Hmm... that's nice, how come I never saw it before?"

"You were with Bert. I was gonna show you when it healed but you were too focused on Bert so I didn't."

"I'm sorry."

"You don't have to be."

Gerard smiled lightly, snuggling closer to Frank - if that was even possible from their positioning - and let out a contented sigh. That was until Frank shifted underneath him and he realised how much bigger than Frank he was.