La Llorona

A long time ago,

          In a rural village in Mexico, lived a young woman named " Maria ".

          She came from an impoverished family, but was known throughout the village for her beauty.

          One day, a wealthy nobleman was riding through the village, and stopped in his tracks. He had traveled all over the world, but had never seen anyone quite like Maria. He knew he had to win her over.

          Maria was easily charmed by the smooth-talking man and accepted his immediate proposal of marriage.

          Maria's family was thrilled that she'd be marrying such a wealthy man, but the nobleman's arrogant father would not be so excited about this arrangement. So the nobleman built Maria a house in the village, where they could be together without his father's knowledge.

          She eventually gave birth to two twin boys.

          The nobleman travelled a lot and left Maria in the house with the boys most of the time.

          At first, he brought many gifts back from his trips and was a devoted husband, but everytime he left and came back, he grew colder and more distant to Maria, to the point where he would only give the boys his attention.

          Maria began to suspect that he was falling out of love with her, since she was getting older and was not as beautiful as she used to be.

          Years later, her husband stopped returning home :(

          Maria was devastated. She really did love him.

          Rumors began to spread around the village and Maria's reputation was tainted.

Even more years have passed...

          Maria was walking with her children along the river, when a familiar horse-drawn carriage pulled up beside them. It was her ex-husband, but sitting next to him was a beautiful young woman, wearing very expensive clothing.

          The nobleman greeted the children and made it very obvious that he was intentionally ignoring, Maria. It was clear to her now, why he had left. He had found a younger, wealthy woman, one that his father would be proud of.

          They rode away, leaving Maria in complete shock.

"How could he disrespect her like that?" Whispered an old villager woman to her husband.

          She was angry, humiliated and broken-hearted all at once.

          Without thinking, she hurled her young boys into the racing water.

          It wasn't until she saw their floating bodies downriver, that she realized what she had done.

          Distraught, she threw herself into, in hopes that she could be reunited with them in the afterlife.

However, that was not the case :(

          Maria had committed the ultimate sins; " Murder and suicide ".

        So now, she is forced to room the earth between the physical and spiritual worlds forever, searching in vain for her children.

          She's called: " La Llorona: the weeping woman ".

          To this day, people claim to see her by the river at night

When you hear her cries, take it as a warning and run. If she approaches you, she will bring you bad luck, and misfortune.

          Children must be extra careful, she might confuse you for one of her own, and when she realizes that you aren't her son, she will throw you into the river...

Beware the cries of " La Llorona ".

A/NThank you for reading "La Llorona" Follow my acc

A/N
Thank you for reading "La Llorona"
Follow my acc. for more scary, real-life stories...
And don't forget to vote and leave a comment
All the love - E 🖤