Chapter 22

- Arthur's Pov -

It was nearly midnight when I locked The Boar Hat up for the night. I stood out in the street, glaring at the moonlight. I took a deep breath, In through the nose and out through the mouth. I was still planning on breaking into Ban's office. Let's be honest, this wasn't my greatest idea by far but I had to try. Getting into Ravens would be easy as I go there when am not at the bar. Ban got Gwen a job at the blacksmith's so I kinda hang out with her at lunch. The sushi bar that just opened up is amazing. So I know the thieves will open up for me. It just getting into Ban's office that is going to be quite difficult but I have to know for my father is. Lancelot has told me that it is not Uther. Our mother had a lover and he is my dad. He doesn't know his name though. Ban will. He knows everything about everyone. As I walked along the moonlit street, I kept looking back. I was making sure I wasn't being followed. I dread to think what would happen if Ban found out I broke into his office.

20 minutes later, I was standing in the centre of Ravens. My mouth still drops in awe at the sight of this place. It seems everyone is asleep so I pick the lock of the door and let myself in.
"This has gone smoother than I thought it could," I thought as I lit a candle to help look at all the cabinets. There's a rusty type of smell. Not gonna lie, It stinks. It hurts my nose. I pull open the 'A' drawer. A quick scan and I slam it shut "Damn it. Not there" I ran a hand through my hair. I reluctantly checked 'P' "Uther, Igraine, Morgan, Morganna, Percival and Lancelot. Nope, Not in 'P' either" I slammed it shut. This is hopeless. I checked Hawk's section. Nope. I checked every file I could be under. It was pointless "At this rate, Am gonna be here all night" I didn't even hear the door open.
"Rather your not here all night. I need my beauty sleep" A tired yet slightly pissed voice said. I spun around. I stood still, frozen in pure fear.
"Sir Ban. I was just.. urm...shit" I stuttered.
"Do I need to explain in painstakingly graphic detail how much of a dumb ass you are?" Ban slammed at the door. A stern look on his face.
"Am going to say no but feel like you want to" I gulped as I placed my hands behind my back.
"Arthur... WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING BREAKING INTO MY OFFICE!!!" He yelled as he marched forward. He was now a foot away from me.
"Am sorry Sir Ban, I.. was.. trying to find my file"
"AND THAT COULDN'T WAIT TILL TOMORROW! WHAT COULD BE SO IMPORTANT, THAT YOU, A COMPLETE IDIOT HAD TO BREAK INTO MY OFFICE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT!" Ban yelled louder as he pinched the bridge of his nose.
"I needed to see who my father is" I mumbled.
"You're Uther's son" He stated.
"Lancelot said he wasn't. He said that Igraine had a lover behind Uther's back and that he's my father"
"Arthur, I did a complete background check on your mother and there's no proof she had a lover. Am sorry but Lancelot must be wrong" Ban's voice was soft. I looked up at him as he put his hand on my shoulder.
"Why would he lie to me?" My voice cracked.
"Cause he's an idiot. Now, go home and I will deal with Lancelot when I get back from the castle"
"Fine" I walked out the door, feeling more confused than ever.
"Oh and Arthur. Two things. Firstly, your file is under G for Ginge and Secondly" Ban lowered his eyes at me and snarled "Never break into my office again" Ban locked his office up once more.
"Yes sir" I gulped. He turned on his heels and disappeared into the shadows. I need to see Lancelot.

- Fraudrin's Pov -

"Lance! Lance! Ya gotta get it all in" I yelled out.
"I'm trying" He grunted "You don't have to take it all!"
"Yes, I.. do... Just shove it in" I grunted back. Sweat dripping off my face. After a few minutes, We paused. "Did we do it? Is it all in?"
"Yeah" Lancelot gasped as he fell backwards in complete exhaustion "Do you think you can zip the suitcase up now?" I looked down. I could feel sweat dripping down my back. I tested the zipper. It shut with ease.
"Yes!! Yes!! My god. That feels good!" It did feel good to zip it up. I put a lock on it to stop it from bursting open "And you said we wouldn't be able to fit all the clothes in"
"I said that because that suitcase is tiny!" Lancelot got up off the floor and started stripping "I am going for a shower!" I tilted my head. Smiling while also staring at my husband.
"Would you stop!" He blushed like a schoolgirl.
"Nope. As your husband, It's kinda my job to stare" I had a massive cheesy grin attached to my face. There was a knock at the door "I'll get it" I chuckled as Lancelot legged it into the bathroom. I opened up to see Arthur.

"Oh hey Artie, come on in, Make yourself at home"
"Thanks, Fraudrin," He said as he walked in and sat in the chair under the window "Where's Lance?" His voice was kinda brittle Like he wanted to cry.
"I'm currently bollocked naked in the loo. Fraudrin, honey, could you pass me some trousers" I started giggling as I threw his trouser at him "Thanks, I'll be out in a second" Lancelot emerged from the loo and sat in the chair opposite Arthur "So little brother, What's up?"
"I'll get straight to the point, Are you lying to me about who my father is?" Arthur's face went blank.
"No. Why would you think that?" Lancelot tensed up.
"Since you told me about Uther not being my dad. I've had this bee in my bonnet. So I broke into Ban's office, -"
"Hang on, you broke into Ban's office?" I'm impressed.
"Yeah, I wanted to see my file. I thought Ban would know"
"And does he?" Lancelot looked worried.
"He had no clue. He said he'll help me when he gets back from the castle tomorrow"
"You know Ban doesn't know everything about everyone. He didn't know that me and Fraudrin were married. Or that Merlin and Escanor married in Italy"
"No one knew they were a thing till Escanor told Meliodas," I said while pouring drinks for everyone.
"I need to know. Everyone knows who their parents are" Arthur's eyes started to tear up.
"Meliodas and Zeldris don't" I handed a drink to both lads.
"What?" Lancelot and Arthur both said.
"Their mum died during the birth of Zeldris. Meliodas was only 10 months old at the time. Both of them were raised by Bard" I downed my drink.
"I always thought Sandra was their mum" Lancelot was stunned.
"She arrived in their lives when they were 4 and 3. She immediately took them on as her own. She is classed as their stepmother even to this day with them"
"Total respect for her" Arthur nodded.
"So you see, not everyone knows their parents and it shouldn't matter who your parents are. What's matter is who you are" I put my hand on Arthur's shoulder while Lancelot ruffled his hair.
"That's just it though. I don't know who I am" Arthur's hands flew to his face and he began to sob. Lancelot knelt in front of him. Trying to calm him down. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders.
"Now, you listen to me. Right now, you need to go to bed and me, you and Ban will figure this out in the morning when the latter gets back from the castle. Go spend the morning with Gwen. Okay, so stop your tears. It's going to be alright." Lancelot used his thumbs to wipe away the tears and hugged him. A few moments later, Arthur left the room.
"Night Artie, See you tomorrow" I called after him.

I locked the door and turned to Lancelot "Okay, Spill. I know you know who Arthur's dad is. Who is it?"
"Doesn't matter. The dude doesn't know he exists" Lancelot stripped once again "Shower time" And he marched into the bathroom.
"Lance! Lance! Just tell me. Who is it?"
"Let me shower in peace!! I will talk to you when am done!" Lancelot snapped at me. I left him alone. I changed into my joggers and climbed into bed. I picked my book up off the nightstand. 30 Minutes later, Lancelot finally emerged from the bathroom. He blanks me as he gets changed for bed too. "Fraudrin, Am sorry I snapped. You're right. I do know who Arthur's father is. I've kept the secret for 22 years" He climbed into bed. His hair covered his eyes.
"So tell me the story"
"I don't know how long mother had a lover but he left before she knew about Artie. Once she had worked out dates and stuff, she realized that he was the father and not Uther. She knew he would kill her so she faked him being stillborn and dumped him in the forest. I was 8 at the time. I was always known to leave the castle and wander around and on said day, I went to the forest and saw a dwarf save Artie. I ran back to the castle and told my mum everything I saw. She told me to forget about him and that was the end of that" Lancelot tensed once again "Shortly after the incident with my mother. I sent a raven to the sperm donor's family. I explained everything. A week later, I intercepted a raven from his family saying that they are aware of said child and that the sperm donor will never know that his child exists"
"So the sperm donor's family thought he was a danger to the child" I got a bad feeling about this.
"Hhmm hmm. In the end, I pushed the memory of my brother to the back of my mind. I accepted that my baby brother was gone and I would never see him again. I didn't even remember him when my crazy-ass siblings kidnapped him and Elizabeth. Even after he told me his story. It finally sunk in when Ban and Meliodas finally forced me to accept the memory back into my head. Once things had mellowed between me and Arthur, We began to talk. We formed some sort of brotherly bond. I told him about our siblings and our mother. Any story I had about the family. He wanted to listen. We laughed and cried. And then I told him about Uther"
"That he was a total dick?" I joked.
"Ha, you could say that. I told him anything he wanted to know But then I made the stupid mistake of telling him that Uther wasn't his father"
"You told him the truth to a point"
"He sobbed when I told him. I thought I would lose him again. He said he didn't hate me and that I was still his brother. He asked if I knew. I lied to him" Lancelot's voice was slightly muffled. Only cause he decided it would be a good idea to face-plant a pillow.
"He has a right to know" I ran my finger up and down his back. Causing him to shiver.
"As the big brother, I have to protect him. His real father would probably try and kill him" Lancelot lifted his head off the pillow and leaned on his elbows.
"Does Arthur have any family here in Liones?"
"Yeah. Though only one person in that family knows about Arthur. The rest were kept in the dark"
"Who is the boy's father?"
"Imagine yourself in his shoes when you found out that your father is possibly the most wanted man in the country" Lancelot covered his mouth when he realized what he just said.
"Denzal?... His father is that slimy, no good, rotten some of a bitch!" My voice went slight high. I am in shock "His genes flow through Arthur and yet Arthur is a good-hearted lad"
"Hawk raised him right" Lancelot nodded. "Fraudrin, Promise me that you will never tell Arthur the truth"
"I promise. Now it's 2 in the morning. Let's go to sleep. I love you"
"I love you most" we kissed each other goodnight and fell asleep in each other's arms.

- ????'s pov -

"So my master is Arthur's father," I thought to myself as I pulled my ear away from the glass, which was on the door "My master will be pleased with me when I relay this information to him" I quietly left the estate "Time to get back to Ravens before anyone sees that am gone" Using the shadows as cover, I slip quietly into the night.