Chapter 21

-Meliodas's Pov -

I flopped on the bed. I now know why Ban is always yawning. Twins can be hard work. I know, I know, that they are newborns but still it's tiring.
"Tired darling?" I smiled at the voice. I propped myself up to my elbows. Elizabeth stood in the doorway.
"Yeah, just a tad. How Elaine did this on her own for how many months, I'll never know" Elizabeth closed the door and locked it.
"Well, she didn't have a gang to run or some crazy ass bonafide weirdo of an uncle trying to ruin her life" Elizabeth smiled as she walked into the bathroom "My gramps says the first two weeks are the hardest"
"How is Leon?" I laid back down.
"He requested your presence at the castle. Along with all The Sins and The 10 Commandments in the morning. You all need to be at the castle by 9".
"Why? We've been behaving lately" I threw my arms above my head.
"Oh really? Then who is Sidney Chase? And why did Ban and Zeldris freak out earlier? Or why Gowther had blood on his arrows?" Elizabeth poked her head around the door frame as I shot up into a sitting position.
"I... urm... I... urm... How... How do you know about that?" I bit my lip.
"Gowther told Slader and he told me" I saw my wife shrug. I laughed. I love it when she's cocky "So would you care to explain everything?" Elizabeth returned to the bathroom. I heard the water running. I ran my hand through my hair and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in.
"Sidney is my 5-year stalker. Ban finally caught her and Gowther impaled her with arrows. Killing her. She did give Zeldris some info about Oxford but it turns out Denzal was her master. She didn't want to betray him" I jumped off the bed and walked to the bathroom. Elizabeth was in the bath. I'm tempted to join her.
"So why did Ban and Zel freak out?"
"Gowther felt an emotion and Ban thought he had a heart attack" I smirked at the thought "Ban smacked him round the head"
"Gowther... had emotion?" Elizabeth's jaw dropped.
"yep, He said he felt relief" It was still unbelievable.
"I thought the only he felt emotions were with Slader"
We all did, I -" I could have said more but one of the twins started crying "Ok Ok, Daddy's coming"

As I walked to the cribs, I still can't believe my luck. How did I get so lucky? I have the perfect wife, beautiful children, a great family and amazing friends. I poke my head over Tristan's crib. He still snoozing. He could sleep through a bomb.
"Hello princess" I pick up Melody. I hold her close "Did you have a bad dream?" I patted her back. trying to calm her down. I sniff. My nose wrinkled "Oh so that's your problem. We have a code brown" As I changed the little lady's bum, I began to ponder. How does a 3-day-old newborn, POOP SO MUCH!? And the smell. It could wipe out an entire army.
"I could smell that from the bathroom" Elizabeth exclaimed as she emerged from the bathroom in a towel. My eyes soften at her. She looks beautiful. Granted, she would look good wearing a bin bag "Hey, eyes on the poop" She giggled as she got changed for bed. I blushed at the fact I got caught staring.
"Yes dear," I finished up. At this point, Tristan had also woken up, He hadn't pooped but he was hungry so Elizabeth took over "So did your grandfather say why we are being summoned?" I forgot to ask earlier. Elizabeth shook her head.
"Nope. Got no idea. I took the twins to meet him and that's when he told me to tell you, to go to the castle"
"Hmm, I wonder if my dad will be there" I laid Melody back down in her crib as she had fallen back to sleep.
"Bard came with me today so it's most likely that he will be there tomorrow too" Elizabeth had finished feeding Tristan and was tucking him into bed. She did the same for Melody. She kissed them both goodnight "Goodnight my treasures" We both climbed into bed. Elizabeth snuggled up in my chest. I pulled her closer to me.
"You worried about tomorrow?" Elizabeth asked as she entwined her fingers with mine.
"Nope. Everyone is gonna be there. So I promise we won't cause drama"
"You better not" Elizabeth yawned "Think it's bedtime" I kissed her goodnight "Goodnight my prince"
"Goodnight my princess" We both fell asleep within 5 minutes.

- King's Pov -

"looks like we've been summoned to the castle tomorrow," I said as I read the letter that was left in our room.
"I wonder why? We've all been good" Diane brushed her hair.
"Ban, Zeldris and Gowther haven't. Ban caught the captain's stalker and interrogated her. Zeldris's tried to get her to help us but she wouldn't. So Gowther killed her. Impaled her with arrows" I sat on the bed with my legs crossed.
"Jesus... But honestly, I don't think that's why we got summoned. The king did give us all permission to terminate all those that are a threat to his family"
"Oh yeah... I don't know then" I sighed "Got some gossip for ya... Did you hear? Gowther had an emotion"
"He did?! Really?! Which one" Diane responded with glee
"Relief"
"Huh?" Diane had her hands on her hips.
"It's what he felt when the stalker lady died. Something about how she doesn't have to go back to that life"
"Doesn't that mean he also felt compassion and sympathy as well?" Diane placed a finger to her lips.
"I guess you're right" I ran my hand through my hair. My eyes glance at the clock. It was all 10 o'clock "Hey Diane?" She glances over at me as she does to lock the door.
"What's up?" She tilted her head.
"Fancy as early night?" I patted the bed and smirked. It took a split second but Diane jumped on top of me. I pulled her closer, She cupped my cheeks and her lips gently touched mine "I take that as a yes" One of my hands found its way into Diane's hair and the other was roaming. My tongue was exploring every part of Diane's mouth that it could reach. I really enjoyed her taste. Diane moaned into my mouth. Her hands gripped my hair with passion. Tonight was going to be fun.

- Ban's Pov -

"Why is the king summoning us? What on earth did we do?" My voice was slightly raised "Apart from killing Sidney. We've all been good" I threw the letter in the air.
"Ban, I doubt that the king would summon you lot for that" Elaine was folding clothes on the sofa "Oh nearly forgot to tell you. Elizabeth has asked if we want to move into hers"
"Would make sense. We do pretty much live there" I started to help fold stuff "I'll move anywhere you want"
"I talk to her tomorrow then. While you guys are at the castle. Me, Ellie and Gelda are going to keep watch on Estarossa" Elaine smiled gently.
"Make sure he drinks his soup" I pointed my finger at Elaine. She nodded.
"You know what. I would rather be doing something else than folding clothes" She had this cheeky look in her eyes. I knew what she wanted to do.
"Oh really. So let's leave this till tomorrow and head upstairs" I bit my lip and slowly blinked at her.
"race ya" Elaine pegged it upstairs. I was hot on her heels. She was giggling as we ran into the bedrooms. We both got ready for bed quickly. Elaine beat me "I win. I got into bed first" I laid down and Elaine curled into my side.
"Only cause you had a 1-second head start" My arm draped over her.
"Sore loser" she mumbled.
"I heard that" I growled in her ear. My eyes were getting heavy.
"Said it loud enough" Elaine yawned.
"Cheeky.. It's a good job I love you". I closed my eyes.
"I love you more, my sweet bandit" A few minutes later, I heard purring. I opened one eye to see Elaine was asleep. I closed it again and let myself drift into a dreamless slumber.

Arthur's Pov -

"Goodnight Arthur!" Some punter said as he left. I waved bye. I just completed another shift at The Boar Hat. Hawk took a well-deserved holiday and I'm the idiot that took his shift. I wiped the bar down as the last customer left. Margaret, Veronica, Howzer and Griamore had already gone to bed so it was just me and Gil who were left downstairs.
"Hey Arthur, we took double takings tonight" Gil cheered.
"That's good. Hawk and Lady Elizabeth will be pleased" I put all the mugs in the sink "Hey, Gil?" I rolled my sleeves up and set to washing up.
"What's wrong mate?" Gil looked worried.
"What you say if I wanted to...go away for a while?" I gulped. Gil just stood there.
"Depends why do you wanna leave"
"I've been thinking... I might go... and find my parents" Gil's eyes went wide. He knows something "I know they abandoned me but I still need to know"
"But ain't your parents dead?"
"Not from what Sir Lancelot has told me"
"Then I would talk to Sir Hawk. Or Sir Ban. Or Sir Meliodas"
"They have their own problems with that Denzal idiot. Though, I think Ban knows something. He does have files on everyone"
"He does?" Gil wondered as he put the stools on the tables.
"It's a thief thing. Or so he tells me 'I finished washing up "Hawks back tomorrow, I'll talk to him then"
"Good. I am finished up here. Am heading up to bed. See you tomorrow"
"Night Gil" He headed up, humming to himself. I wasn't going to tell him that I had no intention of speaking to anyone about why am leaving. They are all keeping a secret from me and I wanna know what it is. Ban definitely knows so I have got to get into his office.

By any means necessary.

And it has to be TONIGHT.