Chapter 2

- Meliodas's Pov -

18 months... 18 really long months... That's how it's been since I last saw Elizabeth. It wasn't even my choice! It was her father, Lord Bartra. Apparently his little brother, Sir Denzal had gotten himself in a bit of trouble with Italy's Mafia Knights. So we, The Sins, had to travel overseas to rescue his annoying ass.

Ban had wanted to kill Denzal a few times. As did myself and Diane. But I couldn't bring myself to do it. I didn't want to see the pain on Elizabeth's face.

As we pulled into Liones dock, I finally felt peace. I took a deep breath in. And then coughed right away.
"Place still stinks" Denzal walked up behind me. Both me and Ban escorted him off the boot.

"Right, Sir Denzal, if it is at all possible, could you not go and cause trouble" I pleaded with him. I did want to babysit this goon.
"I'll try," Denzal said with a smirk and just like that he was off with a skip. Probably to the nearest tavern.
"Think that will be the last we're going to see of him?" A sleepy voice spoke, and I turned around. It was my second in command, Ban.
"I really hope so" I really couldn't put up with Denzal any longer "Right, I need to go see Bartra, Can you be trusted with my ship?" I joked. Ban knows I trust him.
"You sure it's Bartra you wanna see? And Yeah, I guess, I'm gonna go boss Gowther and King around. Gonna make them do a stock check and clean up" I swear he had an evil smirk on his face.
"Ok, good luck with that" Gowther wasn't the type to listen. I walked further down the pier when I saw Diane talking to King "Yo, Diane, you are coming with me and King, Ban said you're doing stock check" I put my hands behind my head and kept on walking.

It was half an hour's walk to the Liones Estate from the docks, For like the first 10 minutes, Diane was as bouncy as a lamb in the spring.
"Eek!! I am so excited, I can't wait to see Elizabeth" She squealed.
"Diane, will you calm down? I'm excited too, I mean, It will be great to see her too" I just realized what I said, I hope Diane wasn't paying too much attention and really hope she didn't see me blushing.
"Why would you be excited, you barely utter two words to her" Oh oh, she has that look on her face. Crap.
"Cause she's Bartra's daughter. Cause she's sweet, kind, and caring. And she will make a fine boss when she takes over from her father" I can't stop blushing. Diane noticed. Crap.
Diane stopped in the street, Her hands on her hips "oh what a load of tosh. I know when someone is in love And you sir, so totally are"
"I don't know what you're talking about" I put on my signature poker face and walked off

For the next 20 minutes, Diane would not stop yapping about me and Elizabeth. 20 minutes of how we would cute together. She also ships us, Melizabeth, I don't know. I tried to zone out but it didn't work.

It was as we walked onto Bartra's Street, I finally snapped.
"Diane will please, SHUT UP! cause if you don't, I'll -" I only stopped yelling because I noticed the front gates hanging off their hinges. I didn't even think, I just started running up the path, my sword out. There were a lot of bodies, some belonging to Liones men, some to the clan that I neither recognize nor cared about "Diane, head back to ship and get everyone here" She was already sprinting back from the moment I said her name. I kept on searching, I needed to find my silver hair beauty. I searched every room. There were a lot of bodies. It was almost as bad as a war zone.

I finally made it to the study, there was movement. I ready my sword.
"Whose there?!?!" It was as I got closer that I saw silver hair. My eyes grew wide, My heart beating like crazy "Elizabeth?" I moved closer. The person then coughed, it sounded like a man. I then saw who it was.

"Bartra?" I dropped my sword, and ran to him, he was in a very bad way. He had one too many gunshot wounds. I sat him up slightly. He winced "What happened?"
"... Pendragon clan... wanted my girls... I think they are safe... Margaret is with Gil... Veronica is with Griamore... Howzer took off with them..." Bartra's breathing was getting slower "Elizabeth.. ran... I don't know where" He coughed up more blood. I tried to stop the bleeding "Meliodas... stop... it's no use...This situation happened a week ago... I tried to hold on... To see my girls but I know am dying..." there was movement behind me, I knew instinctively it was the sins. I felt tears in my eyes. He looked at me with a smile "... My final wish... is for you to find... Elizabeth... she is the heir... Margaret and Veronica don't want it....protect my girls... please...." and with his last words was his last breath. I laid him down and closed his eyes.

Several minutes passed and it was as I stood up, Merlin spoke.
"What do you need us to do"
I let out a sigh "Right, Merlin, get word to my brothers, I need them here. Gowther and Escanor, body clean up. Dig graves for Liones men and for arseholes... Just throw them in a bonfire. Diane, fix the gates and doors. King and Ban, go and find Margaret and Veronica. They should be with the 3 goons. You better find Denzal too"
"And what is your job, captain?" Gowther quizzed. I looked around and saw that Bartra's gun was by his side. I picked it up. I once swore down I would never pick up a gun again. Not after Liz. I gathered all the ammo I could. With a cold stare worthy of Gowther himself, I firmly said.
"Simple, Am gonna find Elizabeth"

The Sins didn't even stop me as I left the house. They knew my temper, They just needed to be reminded about what type of man I was. I will find Elizabeth and when I do, if there's even a scratch on her, I will destroy the Pendragons.

They will feel my wrath.