"Come in! Have a seat," she stepped back from the door enthusiastically, inviting both of us in.

Her office was a sunny room with a lush rug, warm brown armchairs, an oak desk and hundreds of potted plants all over the place. Although the room was nothing like my usual taste, I felt put at ease. Cat and I sat on the two big arm chairs, while Dr. McGregor pulled out the chair behind the desk to take a seat.

"Why don't you tell me why you are here today," she suggested, her face schooled in a neutral but open expression.

"I -" I cleared my throat, looking at Cat for help finding the right words.

She smiled and nodded at me, adoration clear on her face. Guilt swamped me in an instant, dampening the feeling of comfort and replacing it with an abyss of self-doubt and loathing. I was supposed to be the strong one, I was supposed to be the one to take care of her, not the other way around. A small rational voice in the depths of my consciousness told me we'd already had this discussion, but it was quickly squashed by the intense feeling of worthlessness and insufficiency that took precedent in my mind these days.

"Catherina, why don't you wait outside for a moment, give me a few minutes to get to know Aram here alone," Dr. McGregor suggested, and although I could feel Cat hesitate, she ended up leaving the room.

Dr. McGregor came to sit in the chair Cat had just vacated, piercing eyes taking in everything about me. For a moment, we just stared at each other.

"I was held a slave," I blurted out suddenly.

I don't know what caused me to begin word-vomiting, but once I started I couldn't stop.

"I was kidnapped and held a slave and used and abused until I was sold at an auction where Cat bought me."

At this point, the good doctor's carefully schooled features slipped, anger coming through. Her eyes flitted to the door and I was quick to keep explaining.

"She did it out of pity but I didn't know that. I ended up escaping as soon as I was well enough. I met her again here at a club that I manage. We started talking and ended up in a relationship together. We never even signed a contract," I realized out loud.

"Contract?" The doctor interjected.

"A Dom-sub contract outlining the rules of our relationship."

Her eyebrows rose, but she said nothing, motioning for me to continue.

"On Christmas we went to visit her mother. God, that woman deserved to be roasted alive over the pits of hell. She knew what her husband was doing to Cat, but she never stopped him, never helped her. She- she triggered an episode - I've never had one this bad before. I've been a mess since - I'm supposed to be strong and in control for Cat, but how can I be that when I break down and cry like a baby?"

Dr. McGregor smiles at me gently.

"Have you talked to Cat about this?" She asked.