Ji Yong reached for his flip phone and typed a message. Choon-he on the other hand sat on one of the benches and blew a raspberry. "You're just showing off your new cellphone." She commented. "I get it, I get it your phone is cool so let's just go to ahjumma's store and treat me ice cream."

The other then looked up and smiled past her. "Ani, we don't need to go to the store anymore."

Choon-he turned back and saw a tanned, short kid carrying a plastic bag approaching them shyly. As he got closer to them, she glared at him shamelessly and looked at him up and down. He wore baggy clothes that were definitely five times bigger than his size and his wardrobe choice definitely didn't help him look any taller. He also had a wide smile and super small eyes that she's not even sure if he's seeing things right.

"Young Bae-ya! Where have you been?" Ji Yong called out and did a 'hip-hop' handshake with his other friend. "We've been waiting for you here. And oh, is that ice cream?"

The boy nodded. "You told me to buy them —"

"How thoughtful!" The other interrupted and gestured to the frowning girl beside him. "My best friend here likes sweet things more than anything. Her name's Bae Choon-he." Ji Yong grinned and pushed his friend towards Young Bae making her stumble.

The short kid caught her but also let go immediately as if he touched a hot iron.

Choon-he didn't hesistate to get back at Ji Yong and slapped his forehead hard. "I wonder why I stuck with you." She said as she watched him exclaim in pain.

Young Bae admitted to himself that she was pretty but he was taken aback by her strong personality which left a somewhat bad first impression of her. He looked at the girl curiously until their eyes met.

"What?" Choon-he snapped. "You want to get hit, too?"

"N-no." He stuttered out of shyness and fear.

"Yah Choom! What's wrong with you? I just want you to get close with Young Bae because you're my bestest friend. Don't you get that?" Kwon Ji Yong intervened. "And don't tell me that we don't need other friends, I'll seriously tell your mother that you kissed a random fat boy last time we went to Songpa District."

She gasped and gestured towards the other kid. "Did you have to say that with him around? You're such a big mouth Kwon Ji Yong!" She hissed. "Plus that oppa's getting teased a lot, I just proved those ugly bullies wrong that just because he's chubby, he wouldn't be able to get a girl himself."

Ji Yong laughed. "Oh, so he's your 'oppa' now? You don't even know his name! In case you're wondering, it's Choi —"

"Shut up." Choon-he dismissed her friend and turned back to Young Bae. "What do you have for me?"

His thick eyebrows knit together. "I'm s-sorry?"

She scoffed mockingly. "Are you sure you're going to debut with this guy? He can't even speak clearly."

"Choon-he." Ji Yong spoke sternly.

The girl just rolled her eyes but surprisingly didn't walk away like Young Bae expected.