Chapter 46 - Wedding Party 🌼

15th Dec, 2022

Their next destination was Mumbai. They were already in Mumbai except Upasana.
Because of some sudden work she had to leave for Delhi and Neha pissed of because of it. Tonight they had a party here and what Upasana was saying? Come I'll show you.

* * *

"What do you mean by you can't come?", Neha asked loudly.

"Neha try to understand. I can't come I have two meetings today here. How will I come you say.", Upasana said from the other side of phone.

"I don't know. Cancel them. Its my wedding party Upa. And you're saying you can't come.", Neha was angry enough.

"Arey it's your wedding party not the wedding. So chill you can handle without me.", Upasana tried to understand her.

"Listen if you'll not come I'll never talk to you.", Neha said angrily mad cut the phone.

"Arey listen, Neha....", Upasana put down the phone and pressed her head. It's 10:16 am and she had a meeting from 11:30 am and the next one from 2:00 pm.

It's impossible for her to attend the party. She was thinking all these things when her phone rang again.

Darshan.

"Hallo!", She said.

"What am I hearing? You're not coming?", Darshan asked.

"Yes I have to attend some meetings..."

"But when we asked you, if you'll come to Mumbai na, you said you'll come. And now you're giving all these excuses.", Darshan said.

"It's a sudden change in the plan Darshan. What can I do? It's not in my hand.", She told.

"It's your best friend's wedding Upasana. You can't ditch her. She was sitting here while making a pucker face. It seems like Kisi ne usske mume rasgulla Dal diye hai.", Darshan said and they both chuckled.

"Ha ha uralo Mera mazak. I'll not talk to anyone.", Neha said from the side.

"Chali gai!!", Darshan said.

"Upasana plz try to come.", He added.

"Darshan its just impossible.", Upasana said again.

"Okk tell your boss ki I'll do a free concert in your office. Ab to he'll spare you na.", He said.

"What?", Upasana laughed.

"Yes, plz do something but come. I'm booking your tickets to Mumbai.", He said.

"Darshan no."

"Upasana yes. See you tonight. Bye.", He said and hung up the phone.

"Yarrr!!", Upasana puled.

* * *

It was 12:34 pm. Upasana was in the meeting when she felt that her phone beeped inside of her pocket. After the meeting she saw that Darshan already booked her tickets. Now she had no options. She somehow managed to tell her boss that she had to go to Mumbai for some urgent work. After denying a little at the first, he agreed and Upasana ran to the airport.

* * *

Neha looked at the clock, 3:20 pm. And her face was still sad.

"She'll come stop making sad faces.", Darshan said while drinking water from the glass.

"We booked the tickets it doesn't mean that she's coming. You know na how much passionate she's about her work. What if she'll not come.", Neha said.