Chapter 20 - I Never Loved You 🌼

3rd October, 2022

Neha was sitting on her room when her phone rang. That was Upasana's mother.

"Hi aunty how are you??", Neha asked with a big smile.

"Hi beta, I'm fine. How are you??", Upasana's mother asked.

"This job is killing me aunty or keya batau...", Neha stood up and went to the table.

"Where is Upasana? I was calling her but she's not picking up."

"Oh she's in a meeting I guess.", Neha took a file and went back to the bed.

"Ohh I didn't know."

"Why? Is it something urgent then tell me, I'll tell her.", Neha said while flipping a page.

"Actually I send her some photos of some boys and told her to see them but she didn't reply anything. So I wanted to talk to her.", Her mother said.

"Pictures of boys??", Neha narrowed her eyebrows.

"Yes beta. She turned 25 now she should get married."

Neha wanted to laugh but control her and said, "Yes aunty ekdam correct she should."

"And you too.", Neha's smile faded and she said, "Me? Aunty there's still time."

"You all are same. Upasana is also not paying attention to me. I'm telling her from a long time but she's just ignoring me.", Her mother complained.

"Aunty did you ask her if she likes someone or not?", Neha asked.

"I asked her once but she said no. Why, do you know something about this?"

"No I don't know anything. I just said. But may be she likes someone.", Neha said. "He's one of our friend.", She added.

"You know him, then tell me.", Her mother asked.

"No aunty I'm not sure actually. You should ask her yourself. Ah aunty I should actually go now."

"Ok sure, sorry for taking your time."

"No it's totally fine. You should take care of your health Aunty. Bye."

Neha hung up the phone and smiled. She took her bag and left for the hospital.

* * *

"What the hell is wrong with you?", As Neha walked into the house she heard the scream of Upasana who was standing near the dining table.

"What?", Neha asked while placing the bag on the couch.

"What you said to mom?", Upasana asked.

Neha sat on the couch and said, "Me? I said nothing!"

"Don't act like this!", Upasana came and stood in front of her. Neha pressed her lips to hind her smile.

"I really don't know. You tell na what I did I say?", Neha raised her eyebrows.

"You said that I like someone and he's one of our friend. Are you mad Neha? For how many times more I have to tell you that I don't like Darshan..."

Neha interrupted Upasana and said, "When did I say it's Darshan?"

Upasana stopped and looked at Neha who's eyebrows were still up. "I never said that's Darshan.", She added.

"How many guy common friends do we have?", Upasana asked in anger.

"I was toh talking about Abhishek.", Neha smiled.

"He's not even my friend.", Upasana said and went to her room.