Chapter 1 - In Mumbai 🌼

Read the phase one first or else you'll not get what's happening ❤️

3 years later :
6th September, 2022

That was the 2nd day of her in Mumbai. She shifted here from Delhi two days ago, because the company had some new project in Mumbai and her boss wanted her to be there when the project was going on.

She weak up and went to the washroom. She was all alone in the house which her company gave her to stay. After getting fresh she quickly made breakfast for herself.

She was eating her breakfast when her phone rang.

"Yes Mishra", she said while gulping the orange juice.
"Yeah I totally remember that I have the press-conference today....okey...I'll see you at the office then...okey bye!!", she hung up the phone.

She took her purse, phone, car keys and went to her car. She didn't know much about the roads of Mumbai. She only knew the way office to her house and her house to the office. After 15 minutes she reached to her office. As she entered to her cabin a lot of files were already waiting for her.

"Ma'am we need your signature here.", her manager - Mr. Rakesh Mishra - said.

She nodded, sat on the chair and started signing them. After almost 20 minutes her phone rang. She looked at the screen.

She quickly received the call and said, "Mom I really don't have anytime to talk to you right now."

"You never have anytime to talk to me Upa.", her mother huffed. Upasana understood that her mother's mood was not that good right now. She stood up from the chair and went to the open window.

"What happened Maa why are you sounding like this?", Upasana asked.

"Its been so long that you didn't come to Kolkata. What happened to you?"

"Maa you know I'm stuck here with my work how badly."

"I know that your work is very important and you are very busy now days. But you can manage some time to come here, can't you? You didn't even come on your birthday Upa.", her mother said disappointedly.

"Maa, I had a very important meeting that day I told you."

"Your meetings are everything for you and we are nothing."

"Of course not Maa. You and baba are everything to me."

"Then come once."

"I just shifted to Mumbai for a project. As soon as I'll get some time I'll come."

"Promise?"

"Yes Maa promise.", Upasana smiled.

"OK, and your gift came.", her mother informed.

Upasana's smile faded for once, she lowered her head and asked, "When did it come?"

"Yesterday."

"Did she left any note?"

"Yes, she wrote 'sorry this year I'm late. Happy Birthday Upa.'"
Upasana's eyes became teary.

"OK mom I've to go bye."

And she hung up.

She stood leaning against the window. Her grip became tighter around the phone. "Why you do this every year?
I don't need any gifts from you. I only need you.", she said to herself.

"Mishra!!", she called her manager while controlling herself.

"Yes ma'am.", he opened the glass door and came inside.

"I'm going to home right now. I'll direct go to the conference from there. And send those files to my house. I'll do that there.", she said while taking her car keys. "OK ma'am.", he nodded.

Upasana slowly left from her office.

* * *

Upasana was going to the conference. But she was stuck in the tariff right now. She was pressing the horn continuously because she was afraid that she would be late for the conference.

"Damn it.", she slapped on the starring. Her phone rang.

"Yes Mishra I'm coming. I'm stuck in the traffic right now.", Upasana said as she picked up the call because she knew what he gonna ask.

Upasana looked all around after hung up the phone. She pressed the horn yet again.

"Arey oo bhaiya gari age barhaiye na.", Upasana shouted to the driver which was beside her.

"Kaha barhaye madam, jagah nehi hai.", the near 35 aged man answered. Upasana huffed in annoyance and looked at her right side and then again looked in front. Suddenly she stopped and looked again in the right direction. Her eyes caught something or you can say someone. That was a blue car. A girl was sitting inside in the passenger's seat. Her eyes were fixed on the screen of the laptop. Upasana couldn't see her face clearly because she was wearing glasses and the windows were also up. Then she turned her face to the right side. Upasana tried hard to see the face but at that time the signal went green. And the car moved forward. She immediately noted the number of the car. She heard the sound of horns and screams, "Oo behenji gari barhaiye..."

Upasana drove away. It was nothing different to her. Every time she saw someone like her, her heart started thinking that may it was her. Though her brain screamed its not her but her heart didn't listen.