14.75 ||ғᴀʟʟɪɴɢ sᴛᴀʀ

sɪᴛᴇ: ᴀᴏ3 ᴏʀ ᴀʀᴄʜɪᴠᴇᴏғᴏᴜʀᴏᴡɴ.ᴏʀɢ
ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ: ᴡʀɪᴛᴇᴏɴ423

--------------

14.75 ||Falling Star
Jeongguk's Story

14.75 ||Falling Star

Jeongguk's vision was being obscured by hot tears as he flipped through the journal. His lips trembled as he read each line of the love note disguised as poetry that the man he loved had written for another.

A love note that could never be written for him. That would never be written for him.

Jeongguk's hand trembled as he ran his finger over every line.

It was beautiful and heart wrenching at the same time.

He spoke of Hoseok like he was the center of his universe. The reason he was alive and the reason he was still alive.

It was so beautiful but, oh so heart wrenching at the same time.

He just wanted someone to look at him in that way. Just once!

He wanted Yoongi to look at him in that way.

I love you Yoongi-Hobi

He had heard the Prince use that nickname with Hoseok when they all thought he had died. Heard his cries for him not to leave him and marked the sadness that ghosted his features once he was gone but somehow that wasn't enough. This journal was confirmation of everything.

It confirmed that no matter what, he and Yoongi could never be. Were probably never meant to be.

Why was God so cruel?

Hadn't he suffered enough? Hadn't he known enough heartache?

Jeongguk got up from his bed and placed the book back inside the chest where he hid it earlier after he had stolen it from Yoongi's room.

He had debated whether to read it. He knew full well that its contents would undoubtedly crush his already broken heart. Jeongguk couldn't help himself. He seemed to be a magnet for heartbreak.

Jeongguk wiped his eyes and closed the chest before returning to bed to only fall into a restless sleep.

Jeongguk opened his eyes the next day. Part of him wished he didn't wake. At least not to the reality that would face him.

Part of him wished it were a dream. That the contents of that journal were part of some warped fantasy that misconstrued Yoongi's feelings. That his writings weren't metaphorically speaking of Hoseok.

Jeongguk got out of bed and threw open the chest. He lifted the book and flipped to the last entry.

I love you Yoongi, Hobi

Fresh tears began to drip onto the pages. Jeongguk ran from the room, journal in hand.

Jeongguk angrily searched Yoongi's room. He wasn't sure what for but anything pertaining to Hoseok. The more he searched the more the anger and bitterness increased.