08.5 ||ɴᴏʀᴛʜᴇʀɴ ʟɪɢʜᴛs

sɪᴛᴇ: ᴀᴏ3 ᴏʀ ᴀʀᴄʜɪᴠᴇᴏғᴏᴜʀᴏᴡɴ.ᴏʀɢ
ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ: ᴡʀɪᴛᴇᴏɴ423

--------------

08.5||Northern Lights
Jimin's story

08.5 ||Northern Lights

Jimin swiped at tears as he wrote hurriedly onto a piece of paper. He came to his feet and exited his bedroom. His mother exhausted from a day's work was sleeping on their sofa. He removed an afghan from a chair and placed it over her before kissing her lightly on the forehead. He placed the note on a table beside her sneaking out the door.

It was just idol gossip Jimin kept telling himself as he ran through the towns' streets. He passed the Jung family farm and saw the for-sale sign in its front yard. His heart aching at the sight. Jimin would get to the bottom of that later but at the moment there was a more pressing matter.

Hoseok was dead.

Word had spread that a concubine had killed them self. The thought made Jimin sob as he raced up the hill behind the farm. He would cut through the wild flower field to get there. It was faster.

Guilt and grief hesitated his steps, but he kept pushing. He had to face it. He couldn't run any longer from what he had done.

His mother would come into his room almost every day telling him about Ji Yeon's visits. He just couldn't face her after knowing that Hoseok's situation was his fault. That he could've probably prevented it if he hadn't been bewitched by the younger Prince. He was stupid!

He actually thought he liked him. That the young Prince was being sincere in his love confession. It was all a farce. A vice to distract him. It had worked and by the time he had realized it, it was too late for him to do anything.

If he had just told Hoseok about Taehyung, then maybe all of this could've been prevented. Maybe.

"You have him! Isn't that what you wanted all along?! So, stop following me!" Jimin had screamed at the Prince outside of his vocal class.
Jimin turned away. resigned to never see the young Prince ever again.

"Hyung!"

Jimin turned back to Taehyung. The younger visibly upset. Tears running down his face as he held out his hands. "Hyung!"

"NO! I DON'T EVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN! I HATE YOU!" Jimin screamed as he doubled over holding himself.
He had never felt so alone in his life. His best friend was gone and Ji Yeon, she would hate him too if she knew. so, to avoid telling the truth, he avoided her all together. Tonight, he had told his voice instructor he wouldn't be returning and dropped out of the theatre cast. Everyone was distraught. They told him how he was incredibly gifted and to return when he was ready.
Never.
He would never sing again because his Hyung would never dance again. It was only right. It was no way he would enjoy it after all that's happened anyway.

"HYUNG!" Taehyung said as he wrapped his arms around a crumbling and sobbing Jimin. Jimin melted into him briefly but realized what he was doing and pushed him away.

"NO!"
Taehyung fell back onto his bottom. Jimin looked down at him angrily.

"I mean it. Don't look for me again."