07 ||ᴘᴀʀᴛɪᴀʟ ᴇᴄʟɪᴘsᴇ

sɪᴛᴇ: ᴀᴏ3 ᴏʀ ᴀʀᴄʜɪᴠᴇᴏғᴏᴜʀᴏᴡɴ.ᴏʀɢ
ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ: ᴡʀɪᴛᴇᴏɴ423

--------------

07 ||Partial Eclipse
Your light is slowly diminishing, and I am to blame....
This isn't how it's supposed to be...

07 ||Partial Eclipse

Hoseok fought to stay conscious even though his body screamed for him to do otherwise. The King lay next to him semi-conscious peppering kisses along his shoulder and back.
He blinked trying to focus on anything but what was happening to him. What had happened to him.
His hand. It lay limp near his face. Purple and red bruises circled his wrist. He closed his eyes. The sight only making him want to cry out, but he didn't. He knew it would only rouse the now sleeping King and the torture would ensue. He did allow tears to fall from his closed lids. You would think after the night he had endured the tear well would be empty, but Hoseok had a feeling that this was just the beginning.

Caviler servant.

A dolled-up name for the King's whore. He had actually passed out when King Seokjin uttered those words. When he came to, the beautiful man was reassuring him that everything will be okay, but he knew it wouldn't.

************** "You're okay with this?"
Hoseok asked tearfully as a stylist cut his now dark hair.
Seokjin stood from his seated position and the stylist moved aside as he stood in front of him. He smiled down at him and then his face grew sad. He wiped a tear from Hoseok's face before speaking.
"I am not but not for the reason you think."
Hoseok looked down as more tears fell.
King Seokjin kneeled before him and lifted his chin. "I am not going to lie to you." Hoseok met his eyes. They seemed so warm and kind. "This is going to be hard. There are going to be days where you question everything but-" he put his hand on his knee to comfort him. "-be patient and be brave. I am almost certain that it won't be like this forever."
Hoseok held the kind King's gaze. He wanted to believe him. His eyes held so much promise, but the situation was so dire, it was hard for him to see a silver lining in it at all.
"How can you be so certain?" he sniffled.
, Seokjin smiled again. "I just know but it's going to take a little time."
Hoseok looked down at his hands and watched the tears fall into his lap. "I don't think I can do this."
"You can."
"How can you be so sure?" Hoseok's eyes found the King's once more.
This time the King looked away briefly but then regained eye contact with the younger. "Because I was once in your position and I know exactly what you are feeling right now."
Hoseok couldn't believe it! Someone like him was a concubine? How did he become King? Hoseok had so many questions but it seemed they would have to be answered at a later date because the King stood after giving him a reassuring squeeze on his hands. He spoke to the stylist, instructing them on how to style his hair before biding him farewell.
"We'll talk later Hoseok-ah."
Hoseok nodded as the King disappeared out the door. ******************

"Hoseok-ssi?"
Hoseok's eyes fluttered open and there stood Seokjin looking down at him with worry.
Hoseok opened his mouth to speak but the words wouldn't come. He had lost his voice.
Seokjin looked over his shoulder and Hoseok realized that he wasn't alone as the elder spoke orders to a young man that stood behind him. He looked back down at Hoseok with pity.
"Don't try to talk. I am going to get you cleaned up and take you to your room."
Hoseok heard Seokjin give a few more orders before he fell unconscious again.
When he awoke, he was lying in a large bed with a duvet tucked neatly around him, the smell of antiseptic in the air. Hoseok shifted to sit up but was halted by Seokjin's gentle voice.