08 ||ғᴜʟʟ ᴍᴏᴏɴ

Start from the beginning

Yoongi entered the ballroom but the room was already occupied. Taehyung was at the piano with his head down just fingering the keys.

"What's your problem?"

Taehyung jumped at the sound of Yoongi's voice, clenching his chest.
"Jeez, Hyung! You want me to have a heart attack?"

Yoongi sat down beside him and began playing the first movement of Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata No. 14.
Taehyung laid his head on his shoulder and Yoongi closed his eyes and continued to play.

No words needed to be exchanged. The piano spoke for them, conveying every unspoken emotion that mere words couldn't possibly successfully emote.
Yoongi heard his brother sniffle beside him. He didn't need to ask what was wrong. He already knew. They both were struggling emotionally and had nowhere to turn.

"Yoongi?"

Yoongi turned form his desk. His father entered his room, closing the door behind him. Yoongi came to his feet and bowed. His father came to him and gestured for him to stand.
"I have a task for you."

"Yes, Abeoji?"

Kwan Soo put his hand on his shoulder. "I have to leave for a month starting tomorrow and Hoseok isn't doing well. I need you to keep watch over him for me."

"Look after him?"

Kwan Soo nodded. "Yes! Make sure he eats. Takes his medicine. Take him to the theatre. The doctor said he needs to get out more."

"I'm still working with the new recruits. I am not sure if I have the time-"

Kwan Soo turned his son to face him, his hands on both of his shoulders. His eyes serious. "This isn't up for negotiation, Yoongi."

Yoongi nodded without another word.

His father smiled. "You're the only one I can trust with such a task, Yoongi."

Yoongi nodded again but this time more hesitantly.
Yoongi could read between the lines. His father only trusted him because he thought he was emotionally detached. Well, he was until...

"I'll be back soon. Please take good care of him."

Yoongi nodded again. His father turned to leave and Yoongi bowed as he closed the door.

"You have to eat!"

Hoseok pushed the food away from him. Yoongi let out an exasperated breath.

"You're wasting away to nothing!"

Hoseok looked up at him, his eyes red with anger and probably exhaustion. "Why do you care?"

Yoongi fought the urge to force feed him. He knew that would make matters worse, but he had barely eaten over the past couple of days and the dancer couldn't afford to lose any more weight.

"Fine!" Yoongi said giving up. "Go bathe."

Hoseok got to his feet and made his way to the bathroom without incident.
Yoongi flopped down on Hoseok's bed. He would try later with the food after they returned from the theatre.