Part 11

Eleven

I woke giggling. Melerick was so wonderful to have with me on my journey to self discovery. He had showed up again and asked how my first day of initiations went. He was smiling the whole time as I talked and told him. He even told me he had the same elements.

The one thing I loved about Melerick was that he showed me a few things he could do and that I would be learning to do this year with my basic elements. First he let out a breathe and the breeze picked up. Then he swirled he hand over the water and made a tiny whirlpool. Finally he snapped his fingers and held a finger up with a tiny flame. It was so fantastic to see. That's why I was giggling when I woke.

The day seemed to a delightful one too. After breakfast, all freshmen were divided into eight groups. Franklin and I stuck together in one group. We said hello to the others in our group before we were taking on a tour to meet our professors.

When we got into Professor Gilliett's room, he gave me a wink before introducing himself to the group. Franklin teased me by making kiss-y sounds in my ear quietly. He also called me a teacher's pet already. I shook my head at him. He can be so immature at times, but I'm finding that it was kind of fun to have him around. A bit of immature to my maturity. It does give me the feeling of a brother being with me too.

I liked all the teachers though they all seemed to know who I was. Of course they would know who I was. Being a Lund at Starr Academy was a big deal after all. I just hope they don't want me to do more than I could handle.

After lunch, I went to Professor Gilliett's office. I loved the look of his office. He had a Moroccan kind of feel. The dark merlot color walls went gloriously with the gold fabric that draped around the windows and pillows were placed around the room. Books lined the wall around the door. Candles were in sconces around the room.

I was glancing down at my outfit and was so glad to be wearing a pair of jeans. I'd hate to try and sit down in here wearing on of my skirts. I'd be uncomfortable in a skirt in here. Though it does look like a comfortable place to relax and read. To meditate too.

Professor Gilliett came in as I was walking around and looking at some of the books on the bookshelves next to the door. "Already ready to study?" He chuckled as I blushed.

"I've always wanted to study magic, and now I will be able to with those who know it best."

He smiled and motioned to the pillows everywhere. "Lets sit and talk. I want to get your thoughts on something."

I walked over to a pillow near the large center window. I lounged on one of the overly large pillows. It was very comfortable. I could find myself maybe sneaking up here and reading in the sunlight. I wondered if I could find one of these pillows and have it in my room.

Professor Gilliett sat down into the large pillow next to mine. He looked so relaxed. "Comfy?" I nodded as I wiggled just a bit more and felt even more comfortable. "Good. I talked to Headmistress Alexi last night. We think that you could take advantage of the accelerated program."

"Accelerated program?" I asked confused.

He smiled. "Yes. This program lets you learn more in a shorter amount of time. I other words, you'll be able to finish high school in three years instead of four. You already have more knowledge and skill than other freshmen. You won't have to worry about the course load. It will only go as fast as you can handle."

"I don't know if I could do it."

He reached over and placed a hand on my knee. An innocent touch. "I know you can. You're a smart and intelligent girl. Just trust in yourself. This first semester you'll get just a taste of the accelerated timetable. If at the end you feel you can't do it, then you'll be just a regular student. Give yourself this opportunity. You won't regret it later."